No secret santa gift...

auntlorlee
on 1/5/07 2:04 am - Bellingham, WA
It has come to my attention that one of our members here didn't receive her secret santa gift. I just have to say that I think that STINKS! I tried emailing this person directly but never heard back. I hoped maybe the person would read this and give some kind of explanation as to why the gift was never sent. Maybe you did and it never made it. If you make a comittment to do something, you should do it. If something comes up preventing you from fulfilling that comittment, say something. No big deal. Other arrangements could have been made. Better than getting someone's hopes up and then letting them crash to the ground. I am not trying to start a war here.. And I didn't want to have to post this but felt like I should say something. Hopefully we will get an explanation why. I would be heartbroken if this was me. Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers. That was not my intent. Take care, Lori
Mrs. G
on 1/6/07 7:51 pm - E. City, NC
Wow Lori, that's terrible! I was in the secret buddy program on OH for 8 months - never received ONE gift. It was emotionally tough to know that someone just didn't care, they had obviously signed up just to get free goodies for themselves. I finally had to quit, it was so disappointing every month to not receive anything and all the lady in charge was able to get out of my buddy was that 'something came up, it's on the way' or 'i emailed her and got no response' (which was a total lie and hurt worse)... I agree, if you make a commitment, follow through and if you can't, TELL the person in charge so they can decide what to do from there for the other person involved. So, you didn't ruffle my feathers, other than I'm so sorry to hear one of our Augusters didn't get a gift. BTW - I love your new avatar pic Lori!
nybabe
on 1/8/07 5:19 am - Babylon, NY
I COULDN"T AGREE WITH YOU MORE! Until you get involved with organizing this gift and card exchange- you don't realize how much work and organization goes on- just to get the list to you or to have it organized fairly.. I sent out the email list for the cards- myabe 5 or 6 times- simply because some people didn't check their original email address they gave me.. Point is- I didn't mind resending it- because I knew it would make everyone's Xmas brighter and becuz I committed to organizing it.. and I know Lori went to similar lengths to ensure everyone was included and had a buddy to send to/receive from. I'm ticked off at the party involved, and after all this time, should have acknowledged what happened. To the person who did not receive a gift- I am truly sorry you were overlooked..can I send you a Valentine's card and some sugar free candy? This has been an amicable board of friendship until now. By creating this mishap, it puts everyone's trust in play which negatively effects all of us. And that really freakin sucks. ~ DONNA ~
Tammy H.
on 1/9/07 12:42 am - Camden, NY
Lori... I agree it does stink... I have been waiting for a response that my person got her present & haven't received anything either. I really put a lot of thought into the gift & thought it was sooo symbolic of what we have gone through. I'm guessing we're talking about the same person . I sure hope that nothing bad has happened to her. Possibly she is going through bad times. We'll never know her situation unless she comes on the board & lets us know. Whether or not there were issues she was dealing with, it would have been a good jesture, on her part, to at least let you know. I'm sure if you put it out there, any one of us would have taken on another person to send a gift to. I'm sorry (whoever you are) that you didn't receive a gift. This entire process, of wls, is a committment just like the gift exchange was a committment. If we can't stay true to the committment, we shouldn't make one in the first place. Here's hoping that everything is ok with this person & we hear from her soon. Tammy
breezyberi
on 1/9/07 2:46 am - pickerington, OH
Wow. thats really sad. i feel awful for the person who didnt receive her gift.......i wish the person would say something or at least apoligize....on the other hand, i hope shes OK too???
breezyberi
breezyberi
Wow. thats really sad. i feel awful for the person who didnt receive her gift.......i wish the person would say something or at least apoligize....on the other hand, i hope shes OK too???