Hello

Loucaz
on 1/13/06 10:57 am - Santa Ana, CA
I have noticed the August 2004 Surgery Date Message Board has been slow. I also know that it has been over a year since our surgerys. We are all feeling and looking great. We also have lots of energy to do many thing we couldn't do before surgery. Time is many times our enemy. I am calling out all the people that read this message board to get involved and give your inputs. Maybe post a question or any interesting topic you would like to discuss. I know you might say where was I in 2005? I would like to say that I have read many of your messages and have learned so much. I have posted messages or replied on an off and on basis. My goal this year is not just read, but also reply more often. I will start by saying I am Louis Henandez, and I live in Orange County, California. My weight before surgery was 335 Lbs. and my actual weight is 150 Lbs. My next step will be to make a real profile and add a picture to that name. In no way do I want to push people to post or reply. This is just for the people that read the August 2004 message board and would like to get involved. May God bless and hope to read, reply, and post from you. Thank You.
Lauraj64
on 1/13/06 11:39 am - Montgomery, AL
Hi Louis, I loved your post about "old habits." I shared it with my husband. He is obese, but he has chosen not to have WLS. It is not for him, although he is very, very happy with my success. He has some success (periodically) from the Adkins Diet, but he always comes off of the diet and quickly goes back to his old eating habits. I wonder how many of us who had surgery in August 2004 have resumed old eating habits? I still struggle with sweets and the "clean plate" syndrome. However, I am working on those things, and I am very thankful that my pouch only allows me to eat small amounts at a sitting. I still continue to lose, but at a much slower rate now. I have NOT met my goal weight of 160 yet, but I want to very much. Maybe by the summer I will have lost the last 20 pounds, but it is very frustrating for me. I still love food so much! However, now that I am wearing the same size I wore in college, I am happy. My family is happy and I have lots of energy to keep up with my hectic schedule of work, mother of two elementary kids, new puppy, etc..... I would love to hear how others are doing. Thanks for your post. Good luck to you----and let us know when you get some pictures on your profile, OK? ~Laura
Loucaz
on 1/13/06 12:03 pm - Santa Ana, CA
Thank you for replying. I saw pictures of you on your profile, and you look amazing. Funny, I think about food today more than before the surgery. Since we can only eat so much, we must pick wisely. I heard some people eat sweets because they feel depressed. I ate it and still eat it time to time because it TASTE GOOD! You mention your husband is obese and surgery is not for him. For many of us it was not what we wanted either. It was our last hope to find a tool to help us lose weight. I wish him luck in that battle. If he can lose it without the surgery that is great, but if he can't he might have no choice but to have it done. Good luck on hectic schedule and God bless you and your family.
bmore
on 2/3/06 7:19 pm - 'Chesterfield, Mo
Hijack!! OMG Laura, as I mentioned in another post, I came looking after being away from this board for so long, I don't recognize anyone. You look incredible! Well done! Take care~bb
smooey188
on 1/14/06 5:26 am - Lakeridge, VA
Hi Lois, I have had the best intentions of posting and replying ect. I have been lax myself. I can not promise consistancy. I have a "medicaly" challenged family..which often takes me away from the board. I do miss this board though. It helps keep me centered. So, I will try here and there to respond. Mary Rny Aug 4th 04
Loucaz
on 1/15/06 3:43 am - Santa Ana, CA
Thank You. I understand we are all so busy. I myself am just like all of you always on the run. We all probably have jobs. The only thing I say is if you have time to read the message board, take a little time to let us know how are you doing. Hope to hear from many of you soon when you have time. Thank you and God bless you.
Loucaz
on 1/17/06 3:55 am - Santa Ana, CA
Thank you. All I ask is that if you have some time to read the message board, why not give some input. I am guilty of many times reading the board and not writing anything. Just don't forget us. Good luck and keep on being you.
Linda Ton
on 1/16/06 9:27 am - Pontiac, MI
Hi Louis I too have noticed the board being slow lately and would like to hear more. I also have a hectic life, but promise to check the boards and respond if it's something i can help with. I started out at 360 and am currently at 170. I'm 5'3, but big boned so can't lose too much more. Hopefully i'll be getting my plastics done soon and can get rid of this skin and this turkey neck. Thanks for posting. Hugs Linda
Loucaz
on 1/17/06 4:06 am - Santa Ana, CA
Linda, you look great. Have you felt like the person in the picture before the surgery is not the same as the one today? It is another person. I know life is hectic for for all of us. Now we have lots us energy to carry us through the day. Just let us know you are out there. Hope to see new pictures of you when you have plastic surgery. Good luck and keep writing.
Linda Ton
on 1/17/06 9:06 am - Pontiac, MI
Thanks for being so sweet! I will tell you the truth. Right now i sit here and wonder how awful my life was before. I always sat at home and did nothing, i could barely walk. i took naps daily, and could not even stand long enough to do dishes. My life now is the total opposite. I am so happy to be who i am today, God is so good. By the way, this pic was in July.....hopefully i will get a new one on soon. Can't wait to see your before and after pics. Hugs Linda
Most Active