Need to talk. Surgery date 8/12.

TMP1971
on 8/3/04 12:02 pm
Hi everyone! I just hopped on the roller coaster! Hands up in the air and waving!! (obviously I am on an ok part of the ride at this moment!!LOL) I had my pre admission stuff today. Emotionally, I am doing pretty good as far as the surgery coming up. I have fear of do I have what I need for the hospital and home, getting last miinute things done and such. No actual fear of the surgery yet...... time will fly by I am sure! Tab
chantilly
on 8/3/04 12:58 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Anytime you need to talk I am on msn just about every evening and my nick is chantilly. Feel free to message me if you have msn messenger. Patty
ChattyTina
on 8/4/04 8:15 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hi Brenda! Its so normal to be nervous, excited, scared and to scream at the tops of your lungs.Everyone experiences this at some point before surgery. Don't argue with yourself about this surgery. We all have done the research Right?Lost weight or gained it as the time ticked by? We have spent time on the Hurry up and Wait Treadmill? Look at why you want this surgery. I think you will at the end of the day say Oh, yeah I am so there! Remember we all are here and have the same feelings that you as well have. I love the support everyone has shown here. GREAT WORK ALL! The train is here and we all are going to loserville! Hop on its going to be a wild ride. NONSTOP Chatty
Cora S.
on 8/4/04 12:34 pm - Mesquite, TX
Hi Chatty and all...yes i'm right there with all of uall..i feel all of the above and more...but i think most of all i wish the date would hurry up and get here... i so much want it to b here like yesterday...lol...i know..i'm very impatient...but bn waittin for this most my adut life.God B With Us all and a speedy recovery...see yall all on the losin side..hugzzz,Tx Anjel
Brenda W.
on 8/4/04 11:50 pm - LA
Thanks, I needed to hear that. Today seems to be a really bad day for nerves. I woke up nauseated from the worry. You're right though. I have spent my entire adult life going up and down and feeling horrible about myself. I have spent three years wanting this surgery and now I'm one week away!!! I think it is the fact that I am choosing to have the surgery. I've never CHOSEN surgery before. The only surgery I have ever had was for emergencies with very little time to think. It feels like I am tempting fate. Of course, the fate that I am destined to have without the surgery is not the life I want. Thanks to all of you for being here.
Yolanda R.
on 8/4/04 11:21 pm - Pearland, TX
HI!!! I hope there is room on this roller coaster for me becauase I definetly need a seat. I am NERVOUS today and it has been fluxuating. My surgery is 8/11. I feel scared because I don't have anyone close to me who is either going through this or who doesn't already have TONS of things going on in their life. I worry that I will be very needy but I don't want to impose on my family or friends. I wish I had learned of AMOS earlier so that I could have made friends and had that type of emotional support when I need it. I know I can come here to look the TMB but I would have loved a friend to be communicating with and comparing notes. Please keep me in your prayers and I will do the same. I am on AIM as zariarenn281 and Yahoo messenger as zariarenee. Take care, Yolanda
Nancy M.
on 8/7/04 11:39 am - New York, NY
Dear Brenda, I had my surgery on Tues 8/3 and I know exactly how you are feeling-it is normal to feel like you are on a roller coaster ride. The reality of this surgery i****ting home, not to mention everything else going on in your life. I am sure you have not gotten to this point overnight, just the relief of getting to this point is mind blowing. I know for myself the message boards on this site and the well wishes of people I have never met just made me feel at ease. Reach out to some one you feel comfortable with and remember you are not alone. You have us here at AMOS and god.
Most Active