newbie here, post op day 3

kaylee2010
on 7/8/10 11:36 am - New Baltimore, MI
Anyone else had their surgery already? I am 3 days post op and feeling pretty sore. I also am having a hard time getting all my fluids in. It is a challenge but this is my first day really eating. I am freaking out because I have actually gained weight. I am hoping that it is just the extra fluid they gave me during surgery. I know I could really use any support out there. thanks
carriebarrie
on 7/8/10 11:27 pm - Grand Forks, ND
Hi Kaylee!  I had my surgery in the 6th also.  The soreness is getting better everyday, but yeah, I'm still pretty tender.  When they said that the gas build up is the worst, holy crap they were not kidding.  I was out walking around the block at 6 yesterday morning because I could hardly stand upright. As far as the liquids, I think I'm getting about half of what's on my sheet.  I FEEL like I've gained some weight, but I think it;s leftovers from the surgery.  Gas, liquid retention, etc.
I'm off to walk around the block again.  My dog loves my surgery.  He's getting 3 walks a day!  Hang in there!

tat2dchickie
on 7/10/10 12:46 am - Victorville, CA
Hey there ladies, I also had my surgery on the 6Th to day will be my  first full day at home....sooo true about the gas build up, I was dealing with that the yesterday on the ride home and all night.. I told my husband how jealous of him I was that he can pass gas on demand and me ,I have to take a few rounds around the block LOL sorry if that is TMI, but walking does help, I woke up feeling better today, sore yes, But I would rather deal with the soreness then the bloating any day, another thing I have delt with and any advice would be great, is nausea and gagging, not so much anymore, but every now and then I feel it creeping up on me. Well ladies I wish you all the  best!!!

kaylee2010
on 7/10/10 2:29 am - New Baltimore, MI
Hi Ladies! I am glad everyone is feeling relatively good. I know I am feeling so much better today! I have not had any nausea so I'm not sure how to help you but sometimes flat gingerale can help. I have had the gagging too, I just take a few minutes to breathe and it seem to go away. It is hard to get the protein shake and yogort down. I am wanting to get my water in more than anything else so i dont end up dehydrated. Good luck to all of you! It has to get easier, right?
tat2dchickie
on 7/10/10 4:08 am - Victorville, CA
Ahhhm gingerale< thanks, didn't think of that.Have to send the husband on a mission

NicoleBray
on 7/10/10 11:57 am - Fort Hood, TX
Hey! I had my surgery on the 6th as well. The gas is killing me...I didint know if it was normal for my stomach to make the noises it was! It sounds horrible! Aside from that, my left side is pretty sore. It takes a few minutes walking after I stand up to actually not have to walk hunched over. I noticed the day I come home from surgery I was heavier than when I went in, but today weighed myself and 9 lbs lighter. I think it was from all the fluids and bloating. I hope that everyone has a speedy recovery!
tat2dchickie
on 7/10/10 1:45 pm, edited 7/10/10 1:47 pm - Victorville, CA

Yes the gas was  horrible, the cause of most of my discomfort it finally subsided last night, but I took some tums. I am doing alot better today. Sore of course, left side as well. My lil one laid his head on my lap, and when my insides gurgled he looked up at  me as if something was gonna rip out of my stomach and eat him LOL

carriebarrie
on 7/11/10 2:57 pm - Grand Forks, ND

OMG! The noise!   I never thought my stomach could make those noises. 

Checking in to see how everyone is doing.  Tomorrow is weigh day for me, I decided Mondays were a good day for this, I have no idea why.  I'm a little nervous.  Pretty much all of the gas and bloat is gone from sugery. so this will be interesting.

Eating is going well.  Sticking pretty much to the planned stuff the nut gave me.  Haven't had any problems.  Except the gagging trying to get the shakes down. 

Anyone else noticed their sense of smell is like super sensitive?

tat2dchickie
on 7/12/10 12:04 am - Victorville, CA
I am doing pretty good, no gagging anymore or problems getting anything down, well except the multi vitamin those are a lil hard to swallow. What I have noticed is that I can't tell when I am full........I just don't know, I don't ever feel hungry. So what I do now is measure out all my stuff not to exceed an ounce or so of what ever i am eating I may have two oz of broth then 2 oz of jello or whatever, That kind of worries me, I have my follow up on Friday and that defiantly is on the top of my questions list.

kaylee2010
on 7/14/10 7:11 am - New Baltimore, MI
I still am having an hard time getting all my fluid and protein in. I just am doing the best I can. I'm thinking about getting those protein shots. I also do not every feel full. neither do I ever feel hungry. I just do about two oz at a time all day long. I have falllin in love with crystal light slurpees. They are cold icy and delicious! They have helped me get my fluid in. The bloating has gone away, and my stomach pain is much better, it just hurts a little where they took the stomach out..
Most Active
Recent Topics