Recent Posts

luanne711
on 3/1/12 11:55 pm - Bradford, PA
Topic: Internal Hernia's - very common and no joke

Well, a year later and my RNY Dr finally decided to do a laproscopy (sp?) and yep, he found an internal hernia and repaired it.  I'm literally typing from my hospital bed now.   It doesn't sound as though it had gotten to the twisted intestine stage yet, thank goodness.   I could almost kick myself for not being more insistent or trying to poo-poo my pains away to menopause.  I think if I would have just shut up about "oh, it isn't so bad" and let the Dr. do what he needed to do, I would have had this taken care of so much longer ago.  Can't believe I put up with this for over a year.  Hopefully, it won't happen again and yep, the only way he was able to be sure that something was wrong was by doing surgery to see if something needed repair.  Guess I need to stick to my day job and stop trying to self diagnose myself.   It just didn't make sense to me that the pain wasn't continual, so I most definitely poo-poo'd it away and figured I just needed to "tough it out".  From what I understand and have read, having an internal hernia could cause death.   

Don'**** get yourself checked out by your RNY Dr.  Also, the thing with these hernias post RNY is that the symptoms are not always the same for everyone.  I have found that similiar situations are the doubling over and/or pain meds not helping at all and that it seems to be triggered by eating food and it even would happen when I would eat something which has always historically agreed with me which is why I felt that it wasn't my RNY.  Ugh.   hoping to go home today.  I feel pretty good, all in all.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 2/6/12 8:13 pm
Topic: RE: Three years and loving life!!!
That awesome...keep up the good work...I'm still pumping it in the gym..but on that note...I have still kept over 200 lbs off..some regardless of anything...it's a tremendous goal 3 yrs out take care
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

georgiapeachinla
on 2/6/12 8:10 pm
Topic: RE: Almost 3 years out... still happy I had RNY. PIC inside
You look awesome...I glad to see everyone in July still rocking it!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

sexyshoediva
on 1/16/12 10:55 pm - OH
Topic: RE: Gotta keep it real...16lbs gain since last August
I know this is old but I'm glad you posted it, needs it today. recently realized I gained almost 20 pounds. I've been trying to focus on exercise and protein again and I really really need to start drinking water. Good advice. I've been tracking my food lately and that's really helping. Gonna take your suggestion about keepin the rappers.
babyface12
on 1/11/12 5:33 am
Topic: Three years and loving life!!!
So we are soon approaching our 4 years this summer and I am so happy with the decision I made!...  Update I had my full extended tummy tuck (Thank you Tricare).  My health is awesome only down side boy can I eat !!!! So not good.... But that is likely while I am not deficient in any areas mineral wise.....   Since the TT and having the down time from recovery did put a damper on my weight ....  I am currently sitting at 155.... :(  Was 134 before looking into tt 147 at surgery date and had 7 lbs removed.....  Tummy is flat and i love the decision but need to get back to my healthy eating and excercise routine now that hubby  has returned from deployment.....  Must remeber this is a tool not automatic!!! Hope all is well we you all!!!
Ms Shell
on 12/23/11 2:06 am - Hawthorne, CA
Topic: RE: Almost 3 years out... still happy I had RNY. PIC inside
So sexy!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

2_be_me_again
on 12/22/11 2:53 am, edited 10/2/12 9:04 am
Topic: Almost 3 years out... still happy I had RNY. PIC inside
Happy Holidays lovely's.... Just checking in... first things first.  Current weight 186lbs, health status - GREAT, emotional status...in flux, happy life...YES indeed. Still eat ridiculous crap on a daily bases but I find time for the gym too.  Still a size 10... Happy holidays to all of you... Luv luv,B     
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

JulieTX
on 10/20/11 1:01 am - Whitehouse, TX
Topic: Happy Fall! Update
 I looked back at my weight tracker and I've lost almost 15 pounds over the last year.  I still weigh everyday as an accountability to myself.  I still have a 3-5 pound fluctuation which is frustrating but very managable.  Back troubles have killed my exercise this year and I will have back surgery at the end of the year.  I am proud of myself that I have been able to maintain and even loose a little without exercising.  GIves me hope I can still lose the last 10 I want to loose once I get moving again!

NSV - I bought too pair of slacks last weekend and my failing eyesite (over 40 and too vain to wear reading glasses  LOL!! you know who you are) and picked up an 8 AND A 6.  The 6 fit!  I have never in my life worn a 6 in my life or ever dreamed it would happen.  Before surgery, I hoped to be a 12!

I STILL have body image issues, but it has gotten lots better.  I know it is a process.  Being plus size for 20+ years...you don't get past that over night.  

I have a pretty normal existance.  Still no soda or alcohol and limited sugar.  I don't eat much pasta, bread or rice.  I may taste 'naughty' stuff, but have done a good job of limits, but other than some small limitation, I pretty much eat what I want.  Like everyone, I have a bad day from time to time where I have some chips or too many snack items, but I forgive myself and try to choose better next time.  I try to make sure I quickly identify triggers and things I can't have around the house.  It is funny, I can avoid a food for weeks and then suddenly I can stay out of it...then I know, can't buy that food for a while : D

Things I think have helped me:  I still have a protein shake almost every day to keep my protein up.  I think this has helped keep me heathy.  Eat a small apple daily and have found some food treats that help (pumpkin pie with splenda, skinny cow icecream sandwhickes).  Stay prepared - I try to have something to eat available where ever I am - at the office, while I travel or while I shop - it helps.  Tuna has become a fairly regular lunch for me.  My family has been so supportive.  We eat lots of chicken, fish and pork and not much beef - it doen't agree with me.  

And i still have a small voice in my head saying eat slow, chew chew chew and stick to the basics!

I feel so blessed!!!!

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1068 views