Recent Posts

mystimel
on 10/14/09 6:27 am - Long Beach, CA
Topic: RE: do you dump?
Occasionally I've felt the smallest signs of dumping, just an icky feeling all around, but it's not too severe or long lasting and it only happens when I really pu**** It's good cause it makes me rethink what I choose to eat, but it isn't enough to make me give something up even when I really really want it. 
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

mystimel
on 10/14/09 6:14 am - Long Beach, CA
Topic: x-post My First Foamies! --- TMI warning
So the other night I had some chicken at my boyfriends house. I ate half a piece before I was full and put the rest in the fridge for later. Then yesterday I decided to have the other half of the piece and microwaved it to reheat it. It was much drier this time and I only ate 3/4 of it before I was full. For the next hour I was burping a good bit and then eventually I felt extra spit in my mouth. I went to the bathroom to spit it out and ended up vomiting a bit of fluid 3 times in succession. No acid taste or any food, just gagging and mucus. After that I felt a bit better though I was still a little burpy. This is the first time since my surgery that anything's ever disagreed with me so much. The experience wasn't too bad and I've learned my lesson about dry chicken :) Anyone else have similar experiences?
SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

jdr1208
on 10/14/09 5:57 am - Worcester, MA
Topic: RE: x-post: Wanna know why I hate shopping at Goodwill?
i hate shopping there too, apparently theres a consignment shop about an hour away from me run by two ladies who had WLS and opened this store to cater to plus sized women only! i am not going to go down there until i really start dropping significant weight but im excited to go check it out
its called something like theshrinkingcloset.com
jdr1208
on 10/14/09 5:53 am - Worcester, MA
Topic: RE: Well...I can finally tell my sister...TMI

ug im so sorry you had to step over to the darkside of the surgery. i have been throwing up ever few days since about week 2 out. i have talked to my dr and my nut and theres nothing wrong with me, either i eat too fast or too much or my body just likeso reject food (ironically i have had this issue since i was pregnant with my son, and after having him i still suffered hardcore acid, now i just throw up.
i understand what you mean about it feeling good to throw it up. i hate being nauseated but sometimes, nothing feels better than getting that pain to go away!
also how old are your girls?
my poor toddler (he will be 2 in dec) has unfortunately had to witness my sickness too many times... now he is just like "mommy sick?" "daddy, mommy sploding" this week it became "mommy thats amazing! good job in the potty mommy" lol

so anyway, i just wanted to let you know you're not alone!!!!!! i understand completely!

jill

IRAYD8U
on 10/14/09 5:16 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Topic: RE: 12 wk post op pics!
Thanks!
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
IRAYD8U
on 10/14/09 5:16 am - MONTICELLO, MN
LOL I did that with a hard boiled egg less than a week into solids.....I won't make that mistake again!
                    HEATHER
  36 years old
georgiapeachinla
on 10/14/09 4:48 am
OOOH be careful girlie..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

IRAYD8U
on 10/14/09 4:47 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Topic: RE: OH 2009 JULYERS TEAM! Invite
Because you and I and COLLINSNE are the only ones to have updated as of this post....LOL
                    HEATHER
  36 years old
georgiapeachinla
on 10/14/09 4:43 am
Topic: RE: CRAZY LOOKS
LOL.. stanky LEG
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/09 4:38 am
Topic: Well...I can finally tell my sister...TMI

...that I have thrown up! 

Maybe you remember me talking about my bossy sister who knows everything there is to know about WLS and the only time she's been over 120 was when she was pregnant.

Well, I have noone to blame for last night's episode but me! 

I bought some chicken and pasta fundraiser plates and brought them home.  But we had a PTO meeting last night too.  I didn't get home until 5pm and the meeting started at 5:30pm and we live 10 minutes out in the country.  So I think you can feel where I'm going with this.

I rushed my supper.  I didn't chew good.  I didn't even like what I was eating but I still ate it.  About 5-6 bites into it, I felt the pain and then I realized what I had done.  So I got up and walked around with my arms up in the air.   Tried belching.  Anything to get rid of the pain.  OMG it hurt.  Finally after a few minutes of distress, my body decided to send it back up.  I was never happier to vomit.

I felt so bad because my girls witnessed the whole thing and no matter how much I reassured them, they knew Mommy was not alright!  Afterwards they decided I was to never eat pasta again.  I think I agree.

But...I made it to the PTO meeting, lol. 

Afterwards at home, food was the last thing I wanted so I made me some chocolate milk and was very happy with it.

Nothing like an episode like this to put you back in the right frame of mind.  I'm calling my NUT and making an appt to make sure I'm on the right track.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views