Recent Posts

georgiapeachinla
on 10/18/09 9:01 am
Topic: RE: I'm going bald...

Oh yeah.. it's happening to me some.. HOLD ON.. COUNTING HAIR FOLLICLES NOW!!...... I take a great vitamin GM C's  HAIR & NAIL FOR WOMEN it less en's the loss and has a complete daily vitamin intake.. but the GOOD thing is that it will start growing back in 2 to 3 months.. I go to my hair stylist and keep it treated ... BUT you know what we have on our side??... BE-WEAVE-ABLE!! OOOH yeah.. I wear one in a minute.. pretty pricey though depending on what you want.. I wear a short cut.. and fill in the Gap's with number 2B STRAIGHT.. LOL!! Least we aren't like men they may never grow their hair back due to gastric surgery. It will get better Kristie.

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

collinsne
on 10/18/09 8:54 am - Barre, VT

Kristie,  You are definitely not alone.  Mine has started heavily shedding in the last couple of weeks.  I heard biotin helps, so I've started taking that daily.   Be careful with the hairties as that can put extra tension on your hair and cause more to fall out. 

I'm wondering how long the shedding will last.  Anyone heard or read anything on when does it stop, or when does your hair start to grow back?

I think we'll need warm hats this winter.

Nancy

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 8:42 am - Glenside, PA
I've had my hair very short for years but even I have lately had a bunch still in the drain after my shower.  Just hoping to weather the storm. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 8:40 am - Glenside, PA
Topic: RE: Well...I can finally tell my sister...TMI
I haven't thrown up at all yet.  Certainly hoping that continues!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/18/09 3:05 am - TX
Topic: RE: Protein Soups
I don't know anything about travel packet soups but I added unflavored protein powder to my own soups. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/18/09 3:02 am - TX
Mine is too.  Luckily the handfull of strands I saw today had a few grays in it.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mostly gray ones will fall out!

Misty M.
on 10/18/09 1:10 am - Grayson, KY
My hair is falling out too. It just started within the last 2 weeks. I hate it, but not much I can do about it.

saletiajohnson
on 10/17/09 7:48 pm - anchorage, AK
I seriously thought it wouldn't happen to me! lol...I was like.. I have a lot of hair...whats losing a little bit. But  it is almost rediculous how much is comming out. My shirts are covered in it and the shower is gross by the time im done. Im supposed to be getting my hair relaxed on monday...I might have to rescedual im too afraid.
luanne711
on 10/17/09 1:42 pm - Bradford, PA
it's happening to me too Kriste, but it seems like it started at 2.5 mos for me, went and got it cut to keep the weight from dragging down my hair as well, I take biotin daily and probably could do a tad better on the protein, but I think that protein is gonna be our answer in the end.   I've been trying to up that even more so now.  Sounds like it's something we're just gonna have to deal with I'm afraid  :(  We'll all be bald together  :-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
KristeMitchell
on 10/17/09 12:46 pm
Topic: I'm going bald...
Ok, so that's draumatic. But my hair is falling out like crazy.  I am covered in sheading hair all the time.  When I shower it comes out in handfuls.  I have to wear my hair in a ponytail all the time because it is so gross to be covered in hair! I remember Amelia (on youtube) talking about it happening to her.  It's called Telogen Effluvium and there is really nothing I can do about it.  I take my vitamins and eat all my protein so hopefully the hair that grows back will be healthy.  Is this happening to anyone else?  I am a bit traumatized by the entire thing.  My hair and skin have always been my envy-able qualites.  I was fat but I had nice skin and beautiful, thick hair. I know it will come back, but it's hard watching it fall out and not really being able to do anything about it.  Here is a link to a good website that describes this condition...
http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/telogen_efflu vium.html 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!