Recent Posts

KristeMitchell
on 10/18/09 1:59 pm
Topic: RE: I'm going bald...
Wow! We really are in the same boat! I'm thinking about cutting it shorter.  I usually wear my hair in a chin length bob, but when I started losing weight last year I decided to grow my hair out.  I have never been skinny or had long hair, so I thought I would give it a try.  But with all the sheading, I think I am going to go short again.  At least it will be shorter hair falling out. 

KristeMitchell
on 10/18/09 1:54 pm
Well, that's a positve way of looking at it!

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 1:20 pm
Topic: RE: Turkey Chili Recipe
I made it mostly like it's written but I did some additions and substitutions.I used Rotel instead of adding green chilis.  Also added kidney beans and black beans.  Hope you enjoy it.  My finicky daughter told me I should make this more often.  Now, my other daughter that will eat anything weird... didn't like it.  Just can't win, lol.
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 1:05 pm
Topic: Turkey Chili Recipe
I have to share this recipe with you.  My picky-eating daughter loved it so I know it's a winner!!!  It has zucchini in it and she gobbled it down!  I'm so amazed!

I had an old recipe for Turkey Chili but of course I can't find it anymore, so I went looking online for one similar.  Here is the link for it...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/terrific-turkey-chili/detail.as px

Terrific Turkey Chili

"Using some fresh and some canned ingredients, this chili is a snap to throw together and will keep you craving it for days. Chunky zucchini, fresh green onion, sour cream, and - what the heck - shredded Cheddar cheese, are sure to make this your favorite chili recipe. If you like beans in your chili, garbanzos right out of the can are great in this."
Terrific Turkey Chili Recipe RECIPE RATING: This recipe has been rated 215 times with an average star rating of 4.8

PREP TIME  15 Min
COOK TIME  55 Min
READY IN  1 Hr 10 Min

SERVINGS

(Help)
     Servings  

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
  • 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
  • 1 (7 ounce) can salsa
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, or coarsely chopped tomatoes packed in puree
  • 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese  
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble turkey into the pot, stirring with a wooden spoon to break apart as much as possible. Season with taco seasoning mix, coriander, oregano, chili flakes, and tomato paste, and mix until meat is evenly coated with seasonings. Continue cooking, reducing heat if necessary, until turkey is well browned.
  2. Pour in beef broth, and simmer to reduce liquid slightly, about 5 minutes. Add salsa, tomatoes, and green chilies, and continue cooking at a moderate simmer for ten minutes. Adjust the thickness at any time you feel necessary by adding water.
  3. While chili is still cooking, heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and green bell pepper, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and bell pepper is lightly browned. Add onion and bell pepper to the chili, and continue cooking at a very low simmer.
  4. In the same skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the zucchini to the chili, reduce heat, and continue cooking 15 minutes more. Again, adjust the consistency with water as needed.
  5. Ladle chili into serving bowls. Top with sour cream, green onion, and cheddar cheese, and serve.
McIrish
on 10/18/09 12:49 pm - MN
Topic: RE: OH 2009 JULYERS TEAM! Invite
I want to join too!!!  Just tell me how and Im there!
hooahwife78
on 10/18/09 12:40 pm - Junction City, KS
This has been happening to me a lot lately. I knew it was going to happen but having most of my hair falling out and it being so much thinner has kind of freaked me out. I know it is worth it but it is just stressing me out. Need to schedule a time to go get it cut. Glad to know I'm not alone in this.

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 12:39 pm
I feel like those hairy dogs in the springtime who lose their winter coat.  This has been going on for about 2 weeks like most of you.  I went to my hair lady the other day and she told me that no matter what diet you go on, there will be a point where your hair is gonna fall out.  Said she's seen it a bunch of times.

My hair is fine but there is a bunch of it.  It'll grow back.

I feel you, Kriste.  I never had a nice body but I always had smooth skin and good hair.  Now, I still don't have a nice body, my hair is falling out and I'm getting really wrinkly!
PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/18/09 12:12 pm - TX
I tried to log in my stats today.  Honestly, I haven't figured out the website yet.  I blogged a note and put in my totals but could never find them again.  
I'm slow up the uptake when it comes to this stuff.  I'm use to www.thedailyplate.com       

Hopefuly, tomorrow I'll get it worked out.  I did enjoy a 45 minute walk with my eight year old daughter today.  We had great girl bonding time while the boys were at cub scouts.  The dog got some much needed exercise too!  He's sleeping like a baby.

bryden1401
on 10/18/09 10:49 am

Ugh hello i am there also!  In the shower when i brush  just always covered in it.  Kind of wondering how it will grow back i have heard some people have it grow back curly i hope mine doesn't.  Oh well as long as it grows back nice and think and just as pretty as it was i like you have always thought of my hair as one of my "good" assets. 

Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

collinsne
on 10/18/09 9:15 am - Barre, VT
Hi Heather,

I haven't logged in for a few days.  Exercise today was a mile swim (50 min) and then 15 min water walking. 

Nancy

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views