Recent Posts

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 4:12 am, edited 10/20/09 4:13 am - TX
Topic: RE: daily protein?
I try to eat 1000 calories, get a minimum of 80-90 grams of protein and keep my carbs to 50 grams daily.  These are some of my staple high protein foods:

Protein pancakes--Fage Greek yogurt, protein powder, egg beaters (30 grams protein)

Chicken breast, tuna, shrimp or turkey burger patty for lunch (20+ grams protein)

Iced protein latte every afternoon (30 grams protein)

Lean meat fish or chicken with veggies for dinner  (20+ grams protein)

glass of high protein milk before bedtime (12 grams protein)

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 4:01 am - TX
Topic: RE: I've been bad...
It's all part of the learning curve! 

Next time, you'll think twice before you make the same mistake.  I say that from experience.  I hope you feel better soon.

jdr1208
on 10/20/09 3:17 am - Worcester, MA
Topic: daily protein?
ok seeing as how we're supposed to get tons of protein in, what are you eating during the day to get the recommended amout of protein in? i cant seem to get enough. ideas?
jdr1208
on 10/20/09 2:44 am - Worcester, MA
Topic: RE: Are you drinking caffeine?
i drink coffee every day otherwise id fall asleep. but i think its messing up my weight loss... i dont know what to do.
georgiapeachinla
on 10/20/09 2:09 am, edited 10/20/09 2:09 am
Topic: RE: Turkey Chili Recipe
I LUV chili.. so I decided to make this recipe.. IT WAS THE BOOM!!.. It also saved me time so in the evening my daughter& me all we had to do is warm it up.. I haven't had to cook for 2 days!! I took some to work for lunch good info..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 12:26 am - TX
I use decaf products including decaf coffee.  My favs have caffeine but I'm limiting caffeine to one per day.     

Beda40
on 10/20/09 12:05 am - Florham Park, NJ
Topic: I've been bad...
Well, I went to Atlantic City this weekend with a friend.  I knew it wouldn't be easy finding food to eat especially because my friend wanted to go to the buffet.  I did ok on my choices but ate way too much two days in a row.  I figured, I'm on a mini vacation so I'll treat myself a little.  BUT then I come to work today and someone went to Mr. Cupcake and got me a tiramisu cupcake.  I should have said thank you but no thank you because I'm so ill right now.  I'm not dumping but I just don't feel well at all.  I'm sitting here at work wishing I was in my bed.  I tried to vomit but just have the foamies.  Why did I do this to myself?  I've come too far to fail now! I'm almost 3 months post op and have lost 60 pounds. Why would I want to ruin it now?  What did I do?!  I'm so sad and so uncomfortable right now.  :-( 
georgiapeachinla
on 10/19/09 11:40 pm

I choose not to drink caffeine, but my DOC says it is okay to occasionally have  a decaf coffee. I give up Star Bucks right before surgery.. what also encourage me is that caffeine is linked to blocking arteries, and women have an increase in heart disease with high caffeinated drinks..  Have you tried decaffeinated  products?.. don't taste as good thought?

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/19/09 11:16 pm - TX
Topic: Are you drinking caffeine?
I know I'm not supposed to but I can't live without one coffee type drink per day.  Usually, it's a Believe Mocha Latte (20 grams protein) that I sip while I drive the kids to school.  Lately, I've been making my own Iced Pumpkin Spice Protein Lattes.    I'm also drinking iced tea on occasion in addition to all the water.  It's the one vice I can't give up.

Do you drink caffeine?    Do you think it hinders your weight loss?

Gena L.
on 10/19/09 9:48 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: OH 2009 JULYERS TEAM! Invite
I'm going to join too!!!!!  woo-hoo, go July'ers!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views