Recent Posts

Laura_Illinois
on 10/20/09 7:22 am - Morris, IL
Topic: Does anyone use Wii Fit?
I have been thinking about purchasing Wii Fit and Wii system for exercising. Can anyone give me some feedback on it.

I've never used Wii and I was wondering if I can get a quality workout or if I'm too large for it.
Is it worth the expense?

Thanks for your help. I need to get exercising!!!!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Laura_Illinois
on 10/20/09 7:10 am - Morris, IL
Topic: RE: I'm going bald...

My hair has been falling out for about six weeks, but the last 2 weeks it has been falling out much heavier. I am taking Biotin 5000 mcg once a day. I also make sure I'm taking all my other vitamins.

I guess we're on the same hair loss schedule since we all had surgery in July. I have also been thinking about getting a shorter cut. However, I set a goal of losing 20 lbs. before I get my haircut. I may have to readjust that.

It has also crossed my mind that I might want to look into getting a wig if things get really bad. I have no idea how to shop for a wig. I never thought I'd need one. Maybe some cute scarves would better. I'm not that bad yet though.

I had also thought about getting highlights or coloring my hair for a reward, but have decided not to until my hair loss subsides. I don't think adding chemicals to an excessive hair loss situation would be a good idea right now.

I'm 50 years old and going through an "awkward stage". My clothes are too big, my hair is falling out, and my arm pits are getting really wrinkly.  I don't want to order any more ugly clothes out of the Lane Bryant catalog.  I need to lose more weight so I can buy off the rack. I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the prize.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/20/09 6:55 am - TX
Topic: RE: Are you drinking caffeine?
OK, now I'm feeling guilty!  Honestly, it's not about the caffeine.  I mean, I don't "have to have it"
to make it through the day.  I just really like the taste of my protein lattes.   Click protein drink has caffeine too! 

**Sigh**   I gave up carbonated beverages a year ago, I gave up sugar . . . I guess I'll go back to decaf , for now.  

Goodbye, 6 oz of Pumpkin Spice coffee!   

luanne711
on 10/20/09 6:06 am, edited 10/21/09 7:04 am - Bradford, PA
Topic: Sinfully delicious protein shake - oh this is so yummy
you have to try it and let me know what you think.  I've made two of them now (not all in the same day).  I've tried lots of different protein shakes, but so far, this one is the absolute best. 
Let me know what you think of it.  :-)       There are other good ones on this website, but so far this is my fave.   http://www.straighttothebar.com/2008/01/fitness_and_food_50_ protein_sh.html
I honestly don't recall finding it on this link, but it's the same identical recipe and from the same list I found elsewhere on the web.
  1. Cinnamon Roll
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    4-6 ice cubes
    1 tbsp sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp imitation vanilla (or 1/4 tsp extract)
    1 tbsp honey or stevia  (watch using the honey though -high in carbs -probably should work with the stevia)
    few dashes butter flavor sprinkles or butter-flavor extract
    185ml / 6fl. oz water or milk

Enjoy!!

Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 6:05 am
2_be_me_again
on 10/20/09 5:43 am
Topic: RE: SABRINA8888
Well I hope she's enjoying life!   Please let me know if you hear from her.

Thanks Lady!
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

luanne711
on 10/20/09 5:08 am - Bradford, PA
I miss my coffee too, but every now and then I'll have some decaf mixed in w/my nectar cappucino protein shake.  It helps to have something warm to drink.  :-)  I haven't had any caffeine since, geez, it must have been around May or so that I quit drinking regular coffee. I've forgotten  :-)     I did ask my Dr. about it and they really had a "don't do it" look on her face and said "MAYBE" after 6 mos, but if you can avoid it, please do. 
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
2_be_me_again
on 10/20/09 5:06 am
Topic: RE: Didn't make the 3 month goal, but..... (w/pic)
Thanks Kristie!  YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC! 

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 4:25 am
I am not doing the caffeine.  I have never been a coffee drinker but was a huge soda girl!!!
robin2p
on 10/20/09 4:19 am, edited 10/20/09 4:21 am
Topic: RE: daily protein?
Personally, I finally broke down and ordered some of the IDS New Whey Protein supplements. Each one is 42grams of protein. Since we have to make sure we drink enough water, I take one tube and dump it in a 20oz reusable water bottle and add unsweetened herbal ice tea. It tastes good that way. 
I have found the cheapest price to be at http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/search.asp?strSearch=New+ Whey+liquid+protein&submit2=Go%21 so far. It's about $7 for shipping if you just want to get one box to start with. Just make sure you get the 42gram - they also have 25gram for about $2 less.
I also add powdered whey protein to anything that it will mix with like yogurt. I even found you can buy dried egg whites in bulk and that will mix with yogurt too. Just don't put it in anything hot unless you are trying for an egg drop soup style.
Hope that helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!