Recent Posts

IRAYD8U
on 10/21/09 4:46 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Topic: 3 mo post op...my thoughts!
As of today I am 3 months post-op!  I really never saw this happening for me.  I had considered it for many years and never followed through.  I always thought there was no way I would get insurance approval without a comorbidity.  When I changed my PCP in January with an insurance change my dreams came true!  My new PCP takes a very aggresive approach with treatment of HBP.  When she put me on meds I thought to my self "IT'S ON"....finally a comorbidity!  And so the journey began......LOL  So far this journey has been wonderful and I wouldn't go back to the way I was for one second!  I am down almost 60lbs since the start of my journey!  I no longer have HBP and I feel younger and lighter everyday!  My own perception of myself is generally good and accurate except for when I try on clothing......I find it hard to guess what size I am......LOL  Today I realized I have 7lbs to go before I am no longer considered obese!  I will jump for joy when that happens!  I wish everyone could have as great a journey as I am!  I wish everyone luck with thier journey and hope it brings you all as much joy as mine has given me!

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
KristeMitchell
on 10/21/09 2:24 am
Topic: RE: Are you drinking caffeine?
My doctor said one cup of coffee a day is fine.  I have never liked coffee before, but I do now.  I have been having it the last few days.  I take 1 cup of water, 1 packet of diet swiss miss and 1 cup of milk.  Serve hot or cold.  11 grams of protein and 50 calories.  I'm not going to worry about it.  I just don't want to start drinking more than one or two cups a day.  It tastes really good!

luanne711
on 10/21/09 2:08 am - Bradford, PA
Topic: RE: Sinfully delicious protein shake - oh this is so yummy
lol - I hear ya  - I think I'm going to add, instead of "2" scoops of protein, I'm going to put in 1 scoop of protein plus 1 scoop of nonfat dry instant milk powder.  That way I don't get more protein than my body can digest in one setting.  :-)

You'll have to let me know if you try it.  It is delish!!  :-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
jdr1208
on 10/20/09 11:24 pm - Worcester, MA
Topic: RE: Does anyone use Wii Fit?
LOVE my wii fit, one of the best investments i have made. one drawback is i wish there were more "games" or excercises to go along with the ones that are there, the variety seems to be limited. but then again i havent looked recently so i am probably missing something. lol, im gaming illiterate too!
Laura_Illinois
on 10/20/09 11:07 pm - Morris, IL
Topic: RE: Are you drinking caffeine?
I don't drink nearly as much coffee as I did before surgery, but my little homemade coffee treat is to add one rounded teaspoon of regular instant coffee into my diet hot cocoa. I call it mocha cocoa. It's like having a little treat.

I only have one per day and I don't drink them everyday. It's nice on a cold morning to have something warm drink and I get my chocolate fix in.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 10:50 pm
I don't have one but I sure do want one!

The problem is talking my husband into that kind of expense.  We don't have any video game systems so the girls aren't into it and I really think I like that.  So I'm torn...
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 10:46 pm
Beda40
on 10/20/09 9:07 pm - Florham Park, NJ
Topic: RE: I've been bad...
We had a great time!  I could just walk the boardwalk for hours honestly... in between playing a bit of Roulette that is.  ;-)  Thanks for the positive reinforcement!  I needed to hear that I'm normal. 
Laura_Illinois
on 10/20/09 1:39 pm - Morris, IL
Thanks, that helps a lot. I think I'm going to have to buy myself an early Christmas present.

Is EA Active a game program or and exercise kit?

I know nothing about "gaming" programs.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Gena L.
on 10/20/09 1:19 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Like others have posted....I am a HUGE fan of the Wii fit!!!  It has really help keep me on a good regimen when I can't get to the gym.  It's so fun that sometimes I do it even after coming from the gym!  It does have a weight capacity of 330...and boy oh boy was I super excited when I finally got below that weight so I could use it.  It was a banner day for me!! 

So go ahead and give it and try and let us know how u like it.

P.s. - Wii boxing is another awesome cardio workout and I especially loved it because I really need to tone my arms and it gives u one heck of an arm workout!!!

Take Care.

Gena

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views