Recent Posts

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 11:25 am
Topic: RE: 3 months out yesterday
CLAPS ARE IN ORDER
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

destiny122503
on 10/22/09 11:14 am - Harker Heights , TX
Topic: 3 months out yesterday
         So I was three months out from surgery yesterday and reflected a little bit on my journey thus far. It has been such a wild yet pretty uneventful ride thus far in a good way I mean. I have had no complications since surgery and feel better than I have in years both physically and emotionally.
         The first few weeks were a struggle both mentally and physically, but more mental I think. I was in quite a bit of pain on my left side for weeks after surgery until one day I tripped and fell and suddenly the pain was gone mysteriously by the time I stood up 5 minutes later. It was the strangest thing ever but since then I have been feeling better and better everyday.
         Three months out I am down 67 lbs weighing in at  am also down about 4 pant sizes and 8 loops on my belt, my clothes are falling off and almost look rediculous but that is ok for now. For the first time in my 6 year marriage my husband can lift me up not that I recommend it but he can. lets just say things have been heating up in the bedroom!!!! lol
         I have more confidence now than I have had in a long time, but still plenty of fears. I no longer mourn food nor desire it but sometimes make bad food choices just because I dont feel like working that day. It is not a regular occurance but something I need to work hard to overcome. I know I need to start planning better and keeping logs of my intake daily. I also slack sometimes on my vitamins but levels are fine and I get most of them in everyday but if I get a late start in the day I just cant get them all in. Exercise has been a struggle but seems to be getting physically easier and more appealing everyday. The more I lose, the better I feel doing exercise.
          All in all this journey has been such a blessing, I have zero regrets and nothing but good things to say about my RNY. I hope everybody has had a good expirience as well. I am going to post pics now I believe! Thanks for reading this long long blog!
georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 10:35 am
Topic: RE: GUESS WHAT !!
Thanks you working it too!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Joanna S.
on 10/22/09 10:27 am - Lonaconing, MD
Topic: RE: GUESS WHAT !!
My doctor told me to get everything in (fluids, vitamins,etc) and stay under 1000 calories and I will lose weight.  I'm averaging 850-900 per day.  For me, it seems the closer I get to 1000 calories the more weight I lose.  My advise is continue to follow your doctor's advice (look at you it's working!)  and ignore the haters.  
Joanna 

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

georgiapeachinla
on 10/22/09 10:12 am, edited 10/22/09 10:14 am
Topic: GUESS WHAT !!
I LUV chatting with the JULY group..
But check out this scenario.. on other boards.. I have been told that there is no way we will continue losing good like everyone is doing by eating 700 to 900 calories per day!!  I mean I do exactly what I'm told by my doc, and nutritionist.. then I do cardio, and cycling up 4 days a week or more.. I was told that this was too  many calories.. for you to be eating that  amount of calories and be losing what we say we do and I was even told that eating this amount of calories with high protein intake from this amount of calories I would not reach my goal.... I know I thing in my life i wouldn't lie on loss of weight especially when I have worked so hard to get it off..  OOH MY Goodness.. I didn't know everybody body is the same way.. you have to many things playing part in weight loss, age,  family demographics, body structure, metabolism rate .. just to name a few..I mean I have seen some in JULYER'S LOSE 100, 60,50, 80, 70, WHOOPING pounds early out this included with pre-op and post -op weight!! Of course hater's even exist any where.  I just wanted to tell you ladies that you ROCK.. and keep ROCKING the weight loss because they are hating on JULYER's

GO JULY & STANKY LEG ON IT,
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/22/09 9:06 am - TX
Topic: RE: Are you drinking caffeine?
Caffeine is also considered to be hard on the stomach and I think they want us to be careful so he don't get ulcers or other stomach issues. So far, I don't think it's inhibiting my weight loss and I am going to continue to have some diluted coffee products in moderation.

luanne711
on 10/22/09 7:54 am - Bradford, PA
Topic: RE: 100 lbs gone!
congratulations Ashlee, that's fantastic  :-)

I too was going to say something about your new picture and nice to see your smiling face, but Kristie said it so well, I'll just agree with "what she said"  ;-)   You go girl.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
luanne711
on 10/22/09 7:47 am - Bradford, PA
Topic: RE: Sinfully delicious protein shake - oh this is so yummy
You'll have to let me know what you think.  It was almost so tasty that I could have sworn it was bad for us.  To be honest, I tried it with honey first, not really paying attention to the sugar content, but I didn't dump (thank goodness), not even realizing that the honey had quite a bit more sugar than I should have been consuming, so needless to say, I'm going to try the SF sweetener next time.

Looking forward to your reviews. 
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
AshleyDillo
on 10/22/09 7:32 am - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: RE: Sinfully delicious protein shake - oh this is so yummy
Oooh..yummy.  I love the Jell-O cinnamon roll SF pudding snacks..so this would be great!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Emilie J.
on 10/22/09 5:48 am
Topic: RE: Are you drinking caffeine?
I don't know if it is a DS thing, but truly, I have not been told by my surgeon, or heard anyone mention not being able to drink coffee. Actually, coffee was one of the drinks on my post op eating plan. I don't know why coffee would be a hindrance to you? Caffiene is a diuretic, so you would need to up your water a bit, and maybe if the flavorings and cream have to much sugar/carbs? I don't know. I just started drinking coffee a month or so ago, and I have done fine with it.
Emilie, mom, wife, Nurse........superhero
It's about the Wow's!   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views