Recent Posts

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:43 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: NEW PICS POSTED...GIMME YOUR OPINION....
Ted,

That was the funniest comment I've ever read....it made me laugh and almost cry at the same time!!!  You're right...I just dropped off a youngsta!!  and darnnit it feels good.

Thanks again for making me smile!!!!

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:41 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: NEW PICS POSTED...GIMME YOUR OPINION....

Thanks everyone...I love this July family!!

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:34 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: 3 mo post op...my thoughts!
Hey Heather...

Not only are we fellow July'ers, but you and I had our surgery on the EXACT same day! 

Isn't it great to not have to take pills...that was one of the greatest things for me....

No longer obese???  ...how bout that!  you'll have to post when u get there so we can all celebrate with u!

Congrats on your awesome success....

Keep it up!

KristeMitchell
on 10/22/09 2:32 pm
Topic: RE: 3 months out yesterday
Awesome girl! I am reading your posts and I swear it feels like I am reading a journal entry.  I am going through the same things! and psst...things are heating up in my bedroom too!

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:29 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: I got my hair cut!
Oh yeah...a hottie's in the room!!  Go on with your cute  self Kristie!!

Smokin hot u r!!

Congrats also on the 227....that's  amazing progress!!

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:26 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: 100 lbs gone!
That is incredible!!  Yay u!!

I began a 32/34 also...it's so flippin good to be out of the 30's...I am now in a comfortable 20 pant...and I even put on a pair of 18 jeans the other day.  Oh the joy!!

Can't wait to get to the 100 club!

Congrats again....

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:21 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: 3 months out yesterday
YAY...My 3 month-i-versary was the 21st too....

Congrats to u darlin!!  Here's to the next 3 months!!  'zero regrets'...'zero regrets'!!!!

Gena L.
on 10/22/09 2:17 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: GUESS WHAT !!
You know...folks always got something to say when you're trying to do good and  positive things!  My momma use to tell...if folks ain't talking about u, then you're not doing something right.  The proof is in the pudding baby...us July'ers are DOING THE DARN THANG!

And not to mention the  encouragement that goes on amongst us.  I've never experienced anything like it...even amongst my family.  It's awesome.

I think if we continue to listen to our dr's, nuts, and take the good advice from each other...we're  destined to win!  I know I feel like an extraordinary winner every time I step on the scale...so Jill Scott said it best when she said, "hate on me haters!!"...

Guess what...we're still STANDING!!...and walking, running, swimming, cardio AND MOST OF ALL LOSING....
we're doing BIG  THANGS!!

KristeMitchell
on 10/22/09 1:16 pm
I read the post that you are referring to and frankly that woman didn't know what the hell she was talking about.  We are large people living on under a 1000 calories a day.  Of course we will lose weight.  Everyone is different.  Just keep doing what you are doing.  IF/when the weight loss slows, re-evaluate.  Don't mind the haters!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/22/09 12:34 pm - TX

I don't believe that's true for one minute.  In fact, that amount of calories won't sustain a healthy body and will, most likely, shut down your fat burning and throw your body into starvation mode- especially later on.

My doctor told me I should be getting 1000-1200 calories a day.   I try to get 1000 but don't always get there. 

The year prior to surgery I was eating 1400 calories a day and that was satisfying with a normal sized stomach.  I was losing slowly but had other issues inhibiting weight loss. 

When I get 9-12 months out I'm going to pay to have the Med Gem test to determine my resting metabolic rate so I can find out what the optimum number of calories I need to lose and/or maintain my weight based on my metabolism.  It's supposed to be a fantastic source of information but it costs $125 and is not covered by insurance. 

Julyer's Rock!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!