Anyone else having trouble with dry skin?

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/10 12:35 pm - Glenside, PA
I am literally flaky ALL the time.  It' most noticeable on my arms.  I'm trying all kinds of creams and I hate to use anything in my armpits because if they get too dry theu start to itch. 
Am I alone?
Laura_Illinois
on 5/6/10 7:53 am - Morris, IL
This is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I haven't had any problem with dry skin. Hair falling out yes, but that stopped about 2 months ago.

I do drink lots of water and take biotin 5000 mg. per day. It is good for hair, skin, and nails. Maybe that's helping me. It could be your environment. Is your house real dry? I hope you feel better soon.

Have you tryed other kinds of lotions, make sure it doesn't contain alcohol.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 5/6/10 10:36 am
Yeah girlie I did about 2 mos. ago.. I talk to my doc he said that the vitamin deficiencies of A & E exist after surgery.  Both vitamins help the skin ( elasticity & moisture) .. I started taking vitamin A & E each day.. it went away. Try it out and see if it works.. I got mine from WAL-MART.. A&D combo & E vitamin.
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/10 12:50 pm - Glenside, PA
Thanks Lisa!  I can try that, even though I hate the idea of taking any more pills!  I feel like such a junkie already!  LOL
georgiapeachinla
on 5/6/10 11:23 pm
LOL... I know you should see the side of my bed!!..LOL I look like I need re-hab!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/10 12:52 pm - Glenside, PA
Laura, it's so hard to find a lotion that doesn't contain any alcohol!  I have had the most luck with lubriderm,  I guess I'll keep going with that.
Laura_Illinois
on 5/8/10 12:09 pm - Morris, IL
Hi, I saw Lisa's post about vitamins. I do take the Celebrate brand bariatric multivitamins, B-12 and Calcium Plus 500 also. Perhaps the vitamins do help prevent dry skin too. That makes sense. Lisa is so smart.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 5/10/10 10:50 am
HEY Laura!!
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 724 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 985 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1068 views
4 Years!