Dumb Question - Once Goal is Reached

fundy
on 5/4/10 11:52 am
Hi Everyone....I have a really dumb question.  Once your goal weight is reached.  How do you stop loosing weight.  You cannot just keep loosing forever.  I don't want to go back eating badly, it feels so good and healthy now.  Thank for any input.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 5/4/10 11:59 am - TX
My surgeon's office offers a test called the Med Gem.  It's a short breathing test that helps determine your resting metabolic weight and how many calories a day you need to lose or maintain your weight.   If you are at goal but still losing you can add more daily calories to maintain.  The problem is knowing how many calories your body needs for maintenance.   I plan to do the Med Gem this summer.  It costs about $100 but is worth it, IMO as it offers so valuable information for continued success.

KristeMitchell
on 5/9/10 4:46 pm
Doesn't your body just know when to stop?  I heard it's 18-2 years?? My doc said at my 6 month appt that I should lose an additional 30 lbs in the next year.  Keep focused on getting your protien and making good food choices most of the time and I'm sure you will be fine.  Also make sure that your emotional eating is in check.  That is my biggest struggle at this point.  It sucks! I feel like a crazy person...

Tuesday33
on 5/15/10 9:17 am
This is so not a dumb question- I am looking for an answer too. I am down to 139 lbs. my goal was 160. I am happy, but now I think I am losing too much. I eat what I want- I am just not hungry for what I used to eat. In the same breath I am PANICKED that I will gain the weight back.  I hope there is an answer out there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1117 views