My doctor said I'm "Denser"

KristeMitchell
on 4/27/10 12:51 am
So I saw my bariatric doctor last week and he said that I am denser than I look.  I currently weigh 180-183 depending on the day (Annoying!) but he said I look like I weigh much less than that.  My mom, sister, and grandma said the same thing.  I have no clue because I have no concept of weight and what a normal weight is for me.  My grandma said I look like I am 130- 140.  Bless her heart :). I think that is a bit low.  I told my mom that the dr said I should lose another 30 -40 lbs in the next year and my mom gasped and asked where I planned on losing it from.  The doctor said I look like I weigh much less than I actually do because I am denser. He said that my bones are heavier from carrying around so much extra weight for so long. I'm sure I have at least 10 pounds of extra skin too.  I am thinking that 150 may not be a realistic goal weight for me.  I am currently a size 12 and after a tummy tuck I will probably be a 8-10.  That is a great size!! I'm happy with a 12.  I really want to stay at a weight that is healthy for me and I can maintain.  I think if I got to 150 but it was too thin for me to maintain I would feel like a failure if I gained 20 lbs and settled around 170.  The more I think about it, 170 sounds more realistic especially since apparently I am "denser".  I just want to be able to maintain my weight with as little effort as possible.  I pretty much adhere to an 80/20 lifestyle.  I eat healthy 80 percent of my day and leave the other 20% open to whatever.  That way, if I decide I want some lowfat Ice cream at night I can do it guilt free since I know I meet my protien goals and ate healthy during the AM and afternoon.  How are you all doing with that? I seem to struggle in the evening.  So if I remove it as a "struggle" and give myself some grace, maybe it will naturally work itself out?? Maybe its just wishful thinking.  No harm in expirimenting right?  Well, better jump in the shower. My protien coffee is done and the time to leave for work is quickly approaching.  The kiddos will be up soon. Have a great day everyone! 

georgiapeachinla
on 4/27/10 1:15 am
I think height plays a role too. Kristie.. you are around my height!!.. I'm 5'8.. people will ask me how much i weight  now.. some people think I weight under 200lbs.. I start laughing... When you are taller your weight is distribute differently.. so you look real small when all the weight is gone.. my goal is 180lbs.. but I went to my regular DOC.. and he was worried the other day when I came in.. he just sat there and hold my hand like.. I was gonna pass out at any moment.. LOL!! I sent my MOM a PIC by email.. she call me five mins. lata.. saying.. that I looked  frail & small!!  What the HELL I haven't heard that before from her.. maybe LARD A--S LOL!! I think it's because of height, but no one knows what we need unless they are in our bodies!!  You look good girlie... Now let me get back trying to get these last fews pounds down to get exactly 199 LBS.. LOL
LUV & HUGS!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

babyface12
on 4/27/10 6:05 am
 Lucky Ducks!!! I am short as can be UUUGGGHHH !!!! So yeah its distributed all right!!! LOL  I would be happy if my boobs looked as good as they do in my bra LOL Then they wouldn't have to see the junk in my trunk and my apron LOL!!!!   All in due time ...  According to my bmi I need to be like 120 to be on the heavy side of normal.  If I get down to 125 I'm still considered overweight!! Seriously!!!  I set my goal to 125 with hope of plastics  bringin me to the "normal".  LOL  So I guess I better keep my assets moving if I plan on getting there

georgiapeachinla
on 4/27/10 6:38 am
georgiapeachinla
on 4/27/10 6:39 am
GIRLIE YOU CRAZY.. LOL .. NO WORRIES I BELIEVE THE DOCS WORRY ABOUT THE NUMBER"S TOO MUCH!!.. I believe its how you feel... YOU LOOK GOOD NOW GIRLIE.. BUT YOU GONNA HIT THAT GOAL ANY DAY!! "When you feel like giving up, remember why
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 5/4/10 12:18 pm - TX
For me, it's all about how I "feel" in my clothes.   I'm 157, wearing a size 10 in bottoms and medium to large in tops.  I am thrilled with that.   I have a saggy apron of skin that I eventually want to lose via tummy tuck but, for now, a good control top panty and flextee keep it sucked in.   My goal is 150 but I'm completely happy where I am and could even live with a range of 160-165. 

I'm still adjusting to the new body.  Some days I feel fat because my belly is jiggly.  When I see myself in pictures, my face is super thin and my collarbones stick out.  I look very thin but I don't feel it yet.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1117 views