is it just me or was that rude?

sexyshoediva
on 4/25/10 1:59 am - OH
I was introduced as the girl who had wls.  i don't know how I fee labout that.  I'm n ot so upset about the fact that she said i had surgery as the way it was done.  She said "this is my friend Lisa, she had that weight loss surgery, what's it called again Lisa?"  And I'm standing there like huh?  Is this my defining achievement.  And it's not like the lady was overweight and thinking about having wls so she was introducing me so we can talk about it (she has introduced me to someone who was considering the surgery and had a lot of questions) this was just some random lady. I don't know how i feel about it.  I mean she lost a lot of weight - she went on medifast years ago.  I never introduce her to people by saying, hey this is my friend so and so she used weight 300lbs, but she went on medifast.  I think i feel offended.  I'm not sure why.  It just seemed rude. 
And is this who i am now, the wls girl?  When am i just going to be Lisa? 

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

babyface12
on 4/25/10 3:59 am
 You are so right !! It was totally rude!!! WLS does not define us. All the years of pain and anguish and frustration and joys and love is what defines us. Where were then they when we had our kids.. This is the girl I was talking about that gained 60 lbs from her first daughter. LOL Or this is the girl I was talking about whose going through a divorce and eating her weigh through Ben and Jerrys.  We took control of our life and made this decision because we needed a change for our health and life. Why not introduce us as This is the woman I was talking about  that bravely took on her life and is winning.  WLS is not who we are it is just a tool to help us regain control of our lives. 

sexyshoediva
on 4/26/10 6:43 am - OH

LMBO!  Can you imagine if we said those things about people, especially the Ben and Jerry's thing, you can apply to so many people.  But hey, I try not to put my friends business out there. 

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

georgiapeachinla
on 4/25/10 5:59 am
very rude... but HATER"S come in many forms.. mostly your friends.. people come through your life for a purpose.. and all not for a permanent time.. changes sometimes mean cutting that hatched.. but i know how you feel .. I have a girl friend that tells everyone.. but its like  she saying.. "She had surgery that's the only way she looks that way!!".. But excuse me I was the BOOM at my largest.. keep your head-up girlie.. it's all good!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

sexyshoediva
on 4/26/10 6:53 am - OH
I hear you girl.  I was hot too.  I've been looking at my bridesmaid picture, which i took at my heaviest and I was HOT! 
I have calmed down today, it just really caught me off guard.  

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

lori_lora
on 4/26/10 6:40 pm - CA
I also have been introduced to people with "this is Lauire, she had WLS, that's why she's so skinny". And the introduction was from a very good friend of mine!! I said something to her later and she said I am just too sensitive and should be proud of how much I have lost and how I now look. I am very proud of myself, but feel being introduced as "this is Laurie" would have been fine!!
sexyshoediva
on 4/27/10 2:36 pm - OH
I agree.   But my mom thinks i am being too sensitive too.  She says to remember that people are just happy for me, even if they don't express it in the right way.  So I'm trying to remember that.

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

Laura_Illinois
on 4/27/10 10:31 pm - Morris, IL
Yes, I think she was rude. Probably jealous of you. That's like saying, "She had cancer and decided to fight it." Totally unnecessary comment.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

babyface12
on 4/28/10 1:58 am
 LOL.. People just don't have filters anymore!!!
Kingswifey
on 6/17/10 1:36 pm - AK
Totally rude!! That is the exact reason I have really told no one!! My mother, my husband and like 4 people know!! and those 6 people would never drop a BS bomb like that!! when people say wow you look great i say thanks, and leave it alone, if they ask how i did it i just tell them i upped my protein and lowered my sugar and carb intake and exercise!! I never want to be introduced as Hey this is melissa and she is smokin hot but only cause she has WLS!!! No thanks!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1117 views