Checking in

butterflydreams
on 4/23/10 6:17 pm
It's 4 am and I am in the hospital recovering rom my surgery. I got to keep my ovaries! Woot! And they tied up my uterus. So no need for hysterectomy. This is such a relief! I was so worried they would get in there and take them and I would have to go through the change already. I am not ready for that! 

They have one concern and that is my blood pressure is extremely low. They told me they will watch this closely and if I can't bring this back up I will end up having to stay longer :( . BOO! I want to go home! I am so tired! It is impossible to get good rest in a hospital. They come in and take vitals, blood, and add things to my IV every hour.

I tried telling them my low blood pressure is because I am post WLS and went 12 hours without ANY liquids. But they don't seem to listen. I am drinking now and even having a protein shake as I type this. So I think my pressure has nowhere to go but up. :) 

I sure hope I get to go home today. I don't want to be here another minute. Nothing says recovery like your own bed! And Lord help me if one more person comes in and jabs me with a needle. I feel like a pin cushion! lol

Joanna S.
on 4/23/10 8:41 pm - Lonaconing, MD
I hope you get to go home today too!  I'm happy everything went well for you. 
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

georgiapeachinla
on 4/24/10 5:28 am
I hope pray you hell fast & and feel better.. take care!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 4/25/10 8:19 am - TX

I hope you have a speedy recovery!  Glad you got to keep your ovaries.

peruccha97
on 4/25/10 11:25 am - Foster, RI
Sounds like you are doing okay after your surgery.  I was in the hospital last weekend with a 7 mm kidney stone.  I had to have surgery to laser the stone and had a stent placed in my right ureter.  They told me that I have other stones in my right kidney.  The pain was horrible.  I go back to the doctor this Tuesday.  We will see what he has to say.  I did manage to run a race today, even through the bladder and kidney spasms from the sent.  Afterwards when I went to the bathroom, there was a lot of bright red blood.  It stopped now but was scary.  I ran 3.1 miles in 31:44.  I am proud of myself.  This am, the scale finally went below 150 pounds at 149.  Only nine more pounds to go. 

Don't get freaked out if you go home with a weight gain.  I went into the hospital at 154 pounds and came home at 165 pounds.  Not from eating, because I was so sick with pain and dry heaves I couldn't eat.  I think it was all the fluid you get.  So be prepared.

Good luck, glad everything went well for you.  At least you won't be in surgical menopause because they left your ovaries. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1117 views