At A loss

capeladybug
on 4/16/10 7:37 am - Newtonville, MA
I feel like I have totally fallen off the wagon and broken my surgery. I feel like I can eat way too much and I am back to eating even if I am not hungry. My down fall is peanut butter and jelly and I can eat the whole sandwich where as just a month or so ago I could only eat about 1/2. I eat too many carbs and I "snack" too much. I just hope I haven't gone so far that I can't regain control and that the surgery will still work for me. I know I have lost 100lbs in 9 months but I hope that is not it. I still have another 50 to go and I really want this to be successful for me. I am tall (6ft) so ppl always say how skinny I look but in reality I am still obese.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks.
H/S/C/G  344/324/225/150  6'0"
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/10 8:46 pm - Glenside, PA
It's going to be alright.  More than likely you have not broken anything.  But in order to get yourself back in the groove you have to break the cycle.  Your answer to your problem is in your post.  "I really want this to be successful for me."  In order to do that you have to take charge of you.  Throw away the peanutbutter, and the bread and for good measure the jelly, too!  What ever it takes!  You have the power to make the changes.  Don't let this opportunity pass you by.  YOU CAN DO IT!

Let bygones be bygones and learn from your mistakes.  It is a LONG journey and you are only in the beginning!  It is not too late to change your behavior one meal at a time.  Try to get yourself back to basics.  Sometimes I tell myself that I won't have something NOW which helps take away the feelings of depravation that spur me into stuffing my face constantly.  Or, try to get yourself so busy that it isn't convenitent to eat.  Anything will do to break the cycle you're in.  Then you can look at things with fresh eyes and make better chices!

Good luck and keep coming in for support!  We need each other.
butterflydreams
on 4/18/10 1:12 pm
 I am right there with ya! I have downfalls too! And I can eat tons more than I should be able to eat. I went in to the Dr. on Friday and they were really happy with my weight loss. They told me that I am right on track.

The Nutritionist told me that Carbs can start a vicious cycle. It's like if you were an alcoholic and say i just want to have one drink. And it leads to 5 drinks then 7 and so on.. It's our addiction. We need to avoid them at all costs. The fact you are saying how badly you want this shows that you are striving to overcome it. 

Be strong!
(((Hugs)))

Valerie

jdr1208
on 4/18/10 11:16 pm - Worcester, MA
capeladybug- i am 100% right on track right there with you. i dont have an answer but you are not alone. i was pretty convinced i failed my pouch (not my pouch failing me, but me failing yet another and my last weight loss attempt) if you need a buddy to help hold you accountable feel free to keep in touch
jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views
4 Years!