not even close

jdr1208
on 4/15/10 4:23 am - Worcester, MA

hi everyone, its been a while since ive been on, a lot going on. i came on here with reservations to be happy for you all but scarred at how well you've all done. im not even close to goal, barely over halfway there and i was at 268 to start, not higher. i have lost 75lbs and feel like ive failed. i talked to my surgeon about options for revision, he said, there is no revision. this is it. my last chance. and i cant help but feel i have already screwed it up. not that i would feel better in anyones misery, however did anyone else go through this? i cant be stalling this long at 9 months out. head hunger has gotten to me a lot. i have felt like i can eat until im stuffed then feel sick then eat again. at the same time i have been walking 3 miles a day. what the hell is wrong with me?!?!?! i have been talking to my therapist about it but i dont feel like its much help. because logically i know all the answers i just dont know how to apply them to myself.
ug thats it around here!

jill

Laura_Illinois
on 4/15/10 4:37 am - Morris, IL
Don't let other people numbers (weight lost) bother you. We are all different. I was over 400 lbs. when I started, so I have a lot more to lose. Many others here were in the 300 lb + range. So you started off at a weight that could have been someone elses goal.

My advice to you is to follow the doctors instructions to the tee. I bought a Mens Casio sports watch off Walmart.com that keeps track of my 30 minute waiting period for not drinking water a 1/2 hour before and after my meals. It has been a lifesaver for me.

If I didn't time myself when I'm eating and drinking I'd be all over the place. Also don't take more than 5-15 minutes to eat, then stop. Stop when you feel full. Don't eat more than 1/2 cup at a time. Start with protein, it will satisfy your hunger pangs better than carbs. Carbs make you hungry. Take your vitamins too!

Good luck. You did the right thing coming here. Keep coming back, even if it's only once a week to check in. You'll see you are not alone.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

sexyshoediva
on 4/16/10 3:45 am - OH
My weight loss has been extremely slow also. Especially compared to others on this board. I am happy with where I am right now, but I am starting to worry I won't get to my goal. But i know I am still coming down, even if it's slow and eventually i will get where i need to be.

One thing to remember is that you are NOT a failure. We are all different and our bodies all respond differently. I know it is frustrating when you see others have lost 150 lbs and more. But we will get to where we need to be. We just may have to wait longer or work harder than others.

Maybe we can encourage and motivate each other. Sometimes it is easier to live up to a commitment you make to another person. I know I have really slacked on the water, so I commit to you that I will drink my 8 glasses of water today. I will let you know how it goes.
sexyshoediva
on 4/17/10 12:51 pm - OH
okay I only got in
5 glasses yesterday.  but will try harder today

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

jdr1208
on 4/18/10 9:24 pm - Worcester, MA
thank you shoediva and laura. how did you do with your water intake this weekend?
last week i was bouncing between 198-194. this morning i was 191... i dont know how that happened but i will take it. this means i am 3lbs from 80 lbs lost. my surgeon wanted to see me hit 100lbs lost by june. so i am hoping i can jump start this. i also went from mildly active to now walking 3 miles a day. not hardcore but 1.62 miles to work from where my ride drops me off (i commute almost 2 hours from home) and 1.62 miles back to my ride. i could take the subway but i have decided to save my money and walk it. i have been doing it for 2 weeks though so maybe my body is just now starting to catch up?!
i will keep you updated.
thanks again for the encouragement.
only 50lbs to go before im close to or at goal.
♥jill
sexyshoediva
on 4/19/10 2:45 pm - OH
Congrats on the loss.  Your doing a great job with the exercise - 3 miles is excellent! 

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

sexyshoediva
on 4/19/10 2:35 pm - OH
okay, Sunday i got in all my water. Today, i drank about 20 ounces of water and 3 16 oz cups of decaf coffee, which technically counts. I also made myself some protein popsicles and had 2 today.
jdr1208
on 4/19/10 9:24 pm - Worcester, MA

good job! the whole coffee thing confuses me... some day it dehydrates you. others say it counts. i cant live without my coffee though so...

my throat is wicked sore i think im coming down with something. so as of last night at 9pm, i have quit smoking. for real this time.

im hvaing a hard time eating though. i walk to my office and since yesterday was the boston marathon it stinks like trash and smoke and vomit and dumpster... oh god... i had a hard enough time not throwing up or running my mile. now i feel like i smell it on myself and cant stomach the thought of eating my breakfast (a hard boiled egg) i went into the ladies room and tried to freshen up and spray something nice smelling... but the smell is stuck in my nose and i hope it goes away! thats my dillema for today

sabrina_wetherington
on 5/3/10 12:07 am
Focus on your food intake!! You can do it!! Make sure you are eating 6 low carb/low fat meals a day!! It will speed up your metabolism and you will lose it faster!! I notice that when I get off track, I can always go back to the basics and adjust.  Its not easy!! My surgeon told me from the beginning, this isnt a cure, its a tool.  Use the tool!!  6 meals a day and track them!! We are all going to fall off the wagon, its just a mater of getting back on and taking the wagon for our journey!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! 
http://sabrinaslifechangingjourney.blogspot.com/
Sometimes...ya just gotta dance!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views