I dumped today!!!

butterflydreams
on 4/10/10 10:56 am
 OK, so much for saying I NEVER dump. I went out early today and just had large greentea Crystal Light drink with me. So I didn't eat something until noon. I ate a half of a piece of grilled chicken and about 3 grapes. Moments later I felt the feeling. The "Uh-Oh here it comes" feeling. I ran to the sink and sure enough .

I am trying to figure out if it was because of what I ate, my schedule being all off, or what caused it? I rarely dump at all. So for this to happen was a bit of a shock. I laid down on the couch afterwards. So today literally I have had nothing but liquids because I am afraid to eat solids again. 

I feel much better now. I rode my bike all over the neighborhood and rode until my legs felt like noodles. Now I am taking it easy trying to catch my breath and drink more protein. 

Have a great weekend everyone. Sorry for the rant! 

kj80230
on 4/10/10 11:29 am
How far out of surgery are you? I was trying to read up about dumping and vomiting, am I going to be able to go back to work or am I going to be a spouting fountain!?! I guess I am just nervous about what it will be like post surgery.

Hope you are feeling better and thanks for sharing!
butterflydreams
on 4/10/10 12:32 pm
 I  will be 9 months post op on the 14th. BUT, I will say this. I haven't dumped before today in over 6 months. So this is a rare occurrence for me. :) 

I think what did it for me was the 3 grapes. After reading up a bit I hear some people just cannot handle some fruit Post Op. It is too much natural sugar and sometimes too acidic for the pouch. 

Best Wishes on your upcoming surgery! 

kj80230
on 4/10/10 5:46 pm
It's funny to think that 3 grapes would have that effect but I guess it's all part of re-learning what your body can handle.
  ~Kj ~                                       My   is Betty (bldeck)                 277/268/174/150  
                     Lab Rat Data     HW/SW/CW/GW

PoohkinandPiglet
on 4/11/10 5:15 am - TX
I dumped yesterday for the first time in months too.  Of course, I did something REALLY stupid and decided to sip my husbands frozen margarita.  Before I knew it, I sucked down half of it then started feeling totally sick.  Bleck!!!!  

butterflydreams
on 4/11/10 10:09 am
 Ouch.. I bet that didn't taste too good the second time around. 
I tried a sip of wine the other day and it made me belch for about a half an hour after. I guess we just can't drink alcohol yet.. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 4/11/10 10:31 am - TX
I have no issues with a little glass of wine now and then.  I'm sure it was the sugar on an empty stomach.    Not a good idea!

butterflydreams
on 4/11/10 9:19 pm
 I find it weird that I can eat pretty much anything on any given day. Then out of the blue I dump on something that would seem to me like a healthy choice? A lot of trial and error going on here. I have my 9 month post op check up on Friday. I am nervous because I hadn't reached the goal I set for myself yet. I was hoping to have reached 150 lbs by then. But who knows!? I might lose it, I never know anymore when I will kick into gear. I do feel like I have been hovering at 156-159 for a looong time though. I am ready to get past the 150's and welcome the 140's with open arms! 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 4/11/10 11:17 pm - TX
I know exactly how you feel.  I've been hovering between 160-161 for two months and can't seem to drop into the 150's.  I think I'm going to have to start a more rigorous exercise routine to get there. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1117 views