How often do you whey? Weigh?

KristeMitchell
on 4/4/10 12:54 am
Now that we are 8+ months out, how are you doing with your protien.  For the last 6 months or so I was only eating 1 20g protien bar a day (faithfully) and eating pretty much whatever else.  I just recently bought some protien powder that tastes very good so I have been adding it to my coffee and baking with it. And protien Ice Cream! Holy santa claus Sh*t that stuff is GREAT! I made the peanut butter cup one the other day and it was as good as regular ice cream.  Check out eggface. The scale moved for the first time in weeks.  I really want to see the 170s, so that the next goal.  That brings me to my next question, how often do you weigh yourself?  I was weighing myself sporadically but since I have been "trying" I have been getting on more regularly. 

Also, do you guys have a plan in place for maintaining your weight loss once you hit goal?  I have been thinking about it since I am only 20-30 poinds away (INSANE to be so close in such a short period of time!).  I know that I am going to have a 3-5 pound buffer of weight but I need a plan in place if I hit the top of that buffer.  I was thinking weigh****chers or 5 day pouch test, or low carb.  Just curious what you guys were thinking about.  Also, has anyone done the 5 day pouch test?  I was thinking about giving my pouch a tune up since I found a protien powder I like?  Thinking about doing it this week.  I'll let you all know how that goes.  I hope you all have a great Easter! I am not religious but I love easter because spring brings a feeling of new beginnings and I feel like that is where I am right now. Take care friends!

Laura_Illinois
on 4/4/10 11:27 pm - Morris, IL
I'm not as close to goal as you are, but I was just talking to my daughter about this yesterday. I think that I also want to have a 3-5 lb. buffer. Probably 3 lbs. is more realistic. I never want to let my weight get away from again.

If you join WW, once you hit goal you get a free lifetime membership. Maybe you should join before you hit goal. I think I might try that too, when I get to that point. The group support at WW meetings helps to keep you on track. Not a bad idea.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 4/4/10 11:52 pm
I weight myself everyday.. I read off the www.mycaloriecounter.com/website.. it states that people who weight themselves everyday.. maintain their weight more effectively over a years study vs. a person who lose weight and did do the same thing.. so I stick to this scenario.. each day I weight myself to ensure that I keep a mind frame of not letting myself get beyond what trying to accomplish.. I know if I eat too many calories over my limit the next morning the scale will edge up 1 to 2 lbs YIKES... then i understand and look over my food journal and know what caused this increase.. DAG.. it works.. I'm being responsible!!... To maintain my weight loss/ goal regardless even if I don't lose anymore weight.. I go to the gym 3 to 4 days per week.. on days I don't go I take a 3 mile walk/ jog.. I also measure everything I eat by measuring cups and measuring spoons.. I make sure I portion my foods.. I believe this helps because that is how you eat too many calories in anything.. EAT TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING!! My carb ratio is not over 40% a day.. my Nut stated that ratio should be followed..since I'm working out quite a bit.. I hope you had a lovely Easter.. and didn't have a bad jolt from the 7.2 earthquake on yesterday!! LOL.. On that note I had to change my earthquake prepardness to fit my needs ( vitamins, peanut butter, protein shakes ect.) ..LOL

Have a nice one!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 877 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 733 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 992 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1078 views
4 Years!