diabetes going down

sexyshoediva
on 2/13/10 3:54 am - OH
Okay everybody, i have been about to bust since yesterday because my computer is down so i had to wait until today to get to the library so I could tell you all the good news.
I went to the diabetes center yesterday and my A1C is 6.4!!!!!!!  If you don't have diabetes you probably have no idea what that means, but believe me it is far better than good.  I was more excited about that than the weight loss (which was 7 more lbs, by the way).  I am so excited I don't know what to do.  They were all excited and happy too.  The main reason I finally agreed to the bypass over the lap band was because of the diabetes.  My main goal is to get off all these stupid shots.  I still have to take 5 a day, but they did decrease the amount.  Maybe if I keep a better log, i can go down to 2 the next time. 

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/10 1:37 pm - Glenside, PA
Hey, that's terrific  news!  I'm very happy for you.
Laura_Illinois
on 2/13/10 10:56 pm - Morris, IL
That is great! I'm so happy for you. That is what this surgery is all about, fresh starts.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

luanne711
on 2/14/10 5:23 am - Bradford, PA
that is awesome news for you!!  congratulations :-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 2/15/10 8:31 am
Congrats..
It means more than just weight loss but also.. renewed health... I mean I don't have to take any high blood pressure pills..  legs and feet don't swell which would have eventually lead to congested heart failure because of the improper way my blood was ventilating back up to my heart,and I don't have to take any diabetes pills either.. that means the most to me than any than.. CONGRATS
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/10 11:24 pm
WTG!!! Congrats on that fabulous test result.  I'm so happy for you!  Crossing my fingers for less shots, because they can't be fun.

I'd have to go look but my a1c was low too.  I was ecstatic!  My doctor took me off all medications when I left the hospital.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views