What to expect month 7...

Misty Gilbert
on 2/10/10 9:22 pm - Marshall, IL
So here I am quickly approaching month 7 of post op RNY --  I'm sooooooooo happy because I've lost 110 lbs, that's amazing, I feel great and I am so happy but the last couple months my weight loss has slowed drastically!  Is this typical so soon?  I still have 50lbs till I meet my original goal which is 175lbs --  I could easily shoot for something lower, but I thought that was a very reasonable weight for my height....  Anyway back to the point.  My weight loss is down to almost nothing --  maybe a pound a week lately -- and sometimes a total stand still...  Whats the deal, have I already lost all I'm going to?  Is this just a stall, where do I need to make changes?  I'm seriously concerned that this is it -- I need to boost my weight loss -- I'm working out several times a week. 

Suggestions, tips...  Everythings appericated!
*~*Misty*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass;                       
            It's learning to
dance in the rain!

georgiapeachinla
on 2/11/10 1:07 am
If you read everyones blogs.. we are all in the same BOAT girlie..

I dropped over 13bls in one week.. it has slowed up again.. my trainer says you have to switch-it up liquids part day as meals straight veggies.. straight protein.. but also your body goes through a re-adjustment period... mines is every other month.. so  just coast it out.. but check your measurements... the inches are coming off CRAZY.. as long as inches are coming off it is not considered a stall.. but 110lbs is awesome.. I have 40lbs or so too lose to meet my goal.. but when I look at my health I FEEL LIKE A MILLION BUCKS.. that means the most to me... I mean 180lbs is good.. but if not one more pound comes off.. I totaly would do it again.. and again because my life has changed for the better..

LUV & HUGS!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

thatgirltx
on 2/11/10 10:25 am
OK, so I am 7 months out and I have 0.08 lbs to lose until I hit 100 lbs.  0.08! UGH!  I mean, you wouldn't think it would take forever, but I have been kicking myself around the freaking field with these last two pounds for like almost 2 weeks!  It's driving me crazy!  I really think that I need to see how much I am eating, and maybe eat a little more calories, because I don't think I am getting enough in. 

AARGH!  0.08 lbs! 

Beda40
on 2/13/10 11:22 pm - Florham Park, NJ
I'm in the same boat Misty.  It's very frustrating especially cuz our goals are so close but seem so far away now that our weight loss has slowed down so drastically.  My doctor said it's normal.  He said we're probably losing inches even though we're not losing pounds.  I need to see the pounds though.  I've barely lost 10 pounds since Christmas.  UG!!!  I keep second guessing myself about what I could be doing wrong.  I'm hoping that once the weather gets warmer and I can get outside to walk the weight will start falling off again but that's not for another month at least.  I just get bored in front of the tv on the treadmill or eliptical.  Just don't forget your protein and liquids (which I have a hard time with both). Anyway, hang in there, hopefully our weight loss will kick up again soon. 

A
babyface12
on 2/24/10 12:04 am
 I am so glad its not just me!! I have been fighting to get the scale to move this last month and it just wont budge!!  I miss waking up and finding I lost 5-6 lbs overnight....  I only have 30 left to reach goal but it seems to be much harder to reach now. I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong!!! I really wish I could go back in time and do my measurement so I could at least see something.  Just want to reach goal by May!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views