DO I NEED TO CHANGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL??

georgiapeachinla
on 2/8/10 8:56 am, edited 2/9/10 3:05 am
Hello everyone..
Been busy enjoying LIFE... LOL I went to the Doc's last Monday.. everything was awesome.. my Doc's expression was like "THIS HE FER IS SKINNY vs. the last time..LOL.. he was surprise for the amount of weight lost in 6 months.. After being weighted on the scale.. I came to the conclusion that maybe by the weight goal of 180lbs... I may look  too frail.. you know one them STAR JONES POSE..LOL .. when I was at the weight of 200lbs years ago.. I wore a 14 dress & 16 in most pants, XL shirts.. we'll I went into Old Navy with a friend and bought an XL shirt TOO BIG... WHAT THE H---L!!.. My goal has always been health wise.. I can care less about the scale the well-being of the inside what speaks for me.. but I may change my goal to 200lbs.. I mean I'm 5'8 and carry my weight different from a shorter person.. of course I'm just rambling.. LOL.. I mean I'm not gonna knock the HUSTLE.. but my DOC told me I need to slow down now to only 10LBS.. a month.. I was like UGH can you tell my body that!!.. I have lost almost 10 lbs since my appointment with him a week ago, and YES that's even with 1200 + calories sometimes, and work-outs more than 3 days a week.. but on the bright side I have less than 40 or so more odd pounds 2 go.. I just don't want to be like a friend of mine who couldn't stop losing after GASTRIC... CRAZY.. Anyone else fell the same way??
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

IRAYD8U
on 2/8/10 1:32 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
Well I think you are losing at much more accelerated pace than I am.  But what do I know!......LOL  However, if you are continuing to lose at that pace with a 1200 calorie diet and you are working out maybe you want to increase your calories.  A good way to do that would be to start adding extra protien with a higher caloric count....especially on the days you are working out!  Maybe that will help keep your WL at a more acceptable pace for your Dr......I don't think 180lbs is going to make you look frail!......LOL  I'm almost 5'7'' I have a large bone structure....it's the swede in me.....I'm shooting for 140....only because I want a bounce back cushion of 15 lbs.  I'd be happy to level off at 2 years post op at about 150-155!  I think we post ops tend to have a more frail look about us simply because of the sagging skin and malnutrition.  You will find your sweet spot!

Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
georgiapeachinla
on 2/8/10 10:15 pm
Yeah I think I will have too. go back to mini meals day to get more calories in.. but the crazy thing is I don't look frail cause of hanging skin.. I have very little around my stomach area and a little under the arms not the top i have muscle tone form lifting weights.. other than that I'm good... but I'm not complaining about the few pounds left to lose.. Just that with this surgery you can tell your body HEY STOP LOSING WEIGHT!!.. LOL
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Kari M.
on 2/9/10 12:40 am
Well, I'm having a hard time stopping it. I've maintained my 16 lbs / month since surgery, and honestly, THIS IS GETTING EXPENSIVE!!! I'm not complaining, too much, but I keep thinking that I'm going to stop losing weight, and so I buy clothes, then a couple of weeks go by and they're too big. My last pair of jeans were a size 10, so, i thought, I've not been in a size 10 for 15+ years, I'll be here for awhile. They're getting kind of baggy! ugh. I'm not sure my bank account can handle much more. And, our goodwill doesn't have anything.

As far as eating more goes, it's still hard for me to eat much. I'm supposed to eat more meat for lunch / breakfast, but my body still doesn't tolerate it, and I don't want to get sick at work (again!). talk about embarrassing!

I guess our bodies will stop when they need to, but I feel like it's a waiting game now, to see where I'm going to end up.

georgiapeachinla
on 2/9/10 1:18 am
I feel ya girlie
Lisa 

Kari M.
on 2/9/10 2:58 am
Well, I'm so impressed with your weightloss. what a journey! Good luck. :)

georgiapeachinla
on 2/9/10 3:03 am
Thanks Kari.. same to U.. congrats to us all!!
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 2/9/10 3:47 am - Morris, IL
I think you should do what feels right for you. If your happy at 200 lbs. and feel good, more power to you!

Personally, I want to see how I feel at 150 lbs. I'm 5'9". I have a size medium goose down vest I bought back in my twenties when I worked at Eddie Bauer's. My mother was going to give it away a few years ago and I said, "No!", "I may want to wear it again some day."

My mother said, "You'll never fit in this again!" I would love to prove her wrong. It would make me so happy to wear it over to her house, zipped up! LOL

That's not the only reason, I'm kind of joking about the vest, but it would be fun. I think that in the long run, it would be easier on my body if I'm lighter. I've done a lot of damage to my knees hauling all this extra weight around the last 19 years. Taking medical classes in my college course have really shown me what the side effects of carring around extra weight does to your body.

I want to be healthy too. I want to feel good. Looking better is great, but I want to feel the best I can. So I will follow my gut and see where it leads me.

I do have a fear that I will not be able to stop losing weight when I get to goal, but it's still early for me to be worrying about that.

After going through this surgery, I want to make the most of it and see where it leads me.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 2/9/10 4:15 am
your right.. But my purpose was for health reasons... I not bragging but a SISTER looked good at 300lbs.. at 200lbs my BMI will be 29.6 BMI.. which according to my DOC will be out of the danger zone for increase chances of heart-attacks, high blood pressure, and diabetes.. with that I will be satisfied.. I can wear an XL to Large shirt.. large dress..  so SEXY IS ALMOST THERE... LOL But you will wear that vest again Laura.. like I say don't knock the hustle!!
later Friend
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 2/9/10 10:15 pm - Morris, IL
SISTER, you ARE beautiful inside and out. I will be so happy to fit in a size Large too. I'm still a 2X, but my bathing suit should arrive today and then I can start hitting the pool and swimming some laps and doing some water aerobics. (I've lost 10 lbs. since I ordered it, I hope it won't be too big.)

We'll have to have SEXY IS ALMOST THERE photo contest in a few months.  Not a "contest" but we July-ers could post our latest SEXY IS ALMOST THERE photos. We are all winners here!

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!