Happy Dance - shopping therapy

JulieTX
on 2/7/10 11:04 pm - Whitehouse, TX
So it was time to get some new threads..last time I went shopping I didn't even know where to start because it had been so long since I'd had many options.

So Saturday, I brave the department store... I grabbed some things to try on...being brave and grabbing some thing to try on.  Larges and size 14's!!  They fit!  I have not been a size 14 since high school!  I even bought some new sandle heels to were just as soon as Texas heats up a bit.  It is wonderful to know that I can walk into almost any store now and find clothes to wear.

I was getting read for church yesterday and realized I have not hose and no slips that fit!  It has been a long time since I've shown any leg I guess!  Good problem to have for a change that things are too big!
Julie

Laura_Illinois
on 2/8/10 11:45 pm - Morris, IL
That is wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Shopping therapy is my favorite form of therapy. I wish I could afford to do it more often, LOL.

I know what you mean about not knowing where to start at. I was lost the first time i went shopping, but after losing over 125 lbs. at that point and not purchasing any new clothes I was long over due. Luckily, I brought my 18 year old daughter for help. (She was actually helpful too, a miracle!) She was thrilled to see me in smaller sizes. Smaller than she has ever known me to be. This is a new life.

I just purchased a sweat shirt for the college I'm attending in a size large, hoping I'll be able to fit in by the end of the term. I'm not there yet, I'm an 20/18(2X). I'm coming from a higher starting weight, so it's kind of frustrating to me to see all my fellow "July-ers" so close to their goals. I'm so happy for you all, but I can't wait to be in your position. It will just take me a  little longer. All good things come to those who wait. Right? ha, ha

I've been waiting almost 20 years! I think our time has come.

Warm regards Texas,

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views