to kick up the weight loss

Joanna S.
on 1/31/10 8:14 pm - Lonaconing, MD
My weight loss slowed way down in the last month or so.  Had to stop the exercise I was doing due to serious back problems and what with the holidays and vacation I just wasn't as serious as usual about keeping on track.    I was trying to figure out what to get the weight coming off again.  Last week I started adding 2 scoops of protein powder to skim milk - instead of one scoop to crystal light - and in the last 6 days I've lost 5.4 lbs.  What?  Wow!  Thats an added 34 grams of protein per day.  Instead of  70 gms  I'm getting 100-105. 
Joanna

High354/consult321/pre-op297.6/post-op310.6/current209.2/goal147

You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be.

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/10 10:41 pm
I had a slow January too.  The weather has been nasty and I haven't gotten out to exercise much.  Of course that's not an excuse because I have a treadmill sitting in the house.  But all I'm going to say is that it's more fun walking outside than on that thing so I haven't done much.

I think you have the right idea.  The extra protein will definitely help us.  I slacked off on my protein shakes but now I'm trying to get 2 in every day to try to kickstart my weight loss.

Can you describe that shake some more?  I haven't ever put Crystal Light in a shake but it sounds interesting and something I would like to try.
Joanna S.
on 2/7/10 10:28 pm - Lonaconing, MD
I put vanilla protein powder in just about any flavor of crystal light.  Cherry, fruit punch, strawberrry, orange sunrise.  They all taste pretty good.  I wouldn't recommend lemonade.  not good.  It's more of a drink than a shake. 
Joanna

luanne711
on 2/3/10 4:44 am - Bradford, PA
Joanna, I firmly believe that protein is the answer to extra weight loss. 

I've now expanded my horizons and have been enjoying a Fuzzy Navel protein shake in the afternoon.  Works for me  :-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/10 12:14 am - Glenside, PA
I'm going to try that, too, Luanne.  I'll let you know if I start losing again.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 2/5/10 1:29 pm - TX
I've only lost three pounds in the last month and need a jump start too.  I've been having protein shakes for breakfast and another one for a snack mid afternoon. 

Joanna S.
on 2/7/10 10:32 pm - Lonaconing, MD
I only lost 5 lbs in December, so I had to try something.  I'm doing two shakes and a bar a day.  As I've been able to eat more, I've been getting less protein I think.  I'm going back to more of the shakes and bars and less food.  Maybe not the best idea nutritionally, but right now it's all about the weight loss.  When I get all the weight off I can figure out what to eat to maintain.

Joanna

collinsne
on 2/11/10 7:50 am - Barre, VT

The last couple of months have been a stall for me.  December I spent two weeks at my daughter's house to take care of my 2 yo granddaughter while my daughter gave birth to twins.  So I got almost no exercise in then.  I got back home 2 days before Christmas and went on a vacation the day after.  Again not alot of exercise and too many chocolates and other bad foods. 

I'm taking a vacation this week and trying to jump start the weight loss again.  I've been going to the gym for a 90 min workout on cardio equipment and doing 20 min of weight machines every day. 
I'll have to try upping the protein too.  I want to be below 200 at my one year anniversary.  But it has been slow going for me all along averaging 1-2 lbs a week. I know I need to be back on this board regulary too.  I've been away too long and miss you all.

HW 358 - SW 267 - CW 228 - GW 170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!