So proud of myself...I met one of my goals!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/10 10:56 pm
I am so ecstatic that I want to cry!!!  I am not an exerciser...I don't know if I ever will be.  I have to find things that interest me or I will quit doing it. 

Everyone knows that I bought a bicycle in December.  I totally enjoy riding it and if the weather wasn't nasty I would probably be out there everyday.

Here's a pic of my baby...

Well one of my goals was to get bikes for the family and ride together.  My girls didn't have bikes and they didn't know how to ride without training wheels.  I guess I was falling down on my motherly duties there but when I was so heavy I didn't even want to try to teach them.  I didn't think that I would be able to do it.

This past Saturday I bought bikes for both girls and I taught them how to ride on Sunday.  It didn't take long to do and they caught on really quickly.  I amazed myself because I was running behind them making sure they didn't hurt themself if they should fall.  At one point it hit me that I was actually RUNNING!!!  Wow!

So Sunday the girls and I rode down our street and back a couple times and yesterday we rode all over the neighborhood.   The girls are so happy and enjoying it so much.

After we got home, I was just overcome with emotion.  I am doing something to help myself and my girls!  My girls are not the skinniest, not terribly overweight but they could stand to slim down a bit.  Hopefully they will kick me in the butt to get out on that bike as much as possible.

Sorry so long, but I wanted to share my triumph with you!
FreeSpirited1
on 2/2/10 7:28 am
Awesome!!! Great work.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvV0yKH/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvV0yKH/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
georgiapeachinla
on 2/2/10 8:40 am
Proud of you 2 MRS.DAHUGGS... AWESOME.. feels good don't it... it the little things that make the difference and makes us realize this surgery is the best thing that could have happen.. regardless even when the scale says other wise..

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 2/3/10 3:46 am - Bradford, PA
What a wonderful feeling!!  My son is now 17, so hopefully he'll be interested in riding with me this summer.  I sometimes wish I didn't live in the snowy and cold northeast  :(   His bike sets in the basement.  I think he's ridden it once or twice.  Too interested in the girls.  So if he doesn't ride it, I'll be riding it and enjoying it  :-)

Sounds like your girls are still young.  Enjoy  :-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/10 12:22 am - Peabody, MA
That is so awesome!  You should be so proud of yourself!!  I too got a bike for this past December but we live in Massachusetts where it is still not bike riding weather but I am looking forward to Spring and getting out there and enjoying my new toy.  I also am not a big exerciser but I used to LOVE bike riding so I think that will be the perfect exercise for my husband and I to enjoy together.  Reading your post reinforces my beliefs that this will be the perfect exercise for me!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views