Pizza

bryden1401
on 1/23/10 10:09 am
I loved pizza before you know the kind ooey gooey nummy kind. I have had one very small bite of regular pizza since and ehh it was ok so i have been making tortilla pizza so I tried a new one tonight i was tired of the same ole peperoni and turkey meatball one so i made this instead and it was really good.

I use whole wheat small low carb tortilla depending on what i put on it depends on if i can eat the whole thing if it is pep and turkey meatballs i can't eat but about 1/2 to 3/4 of it just cheese i might can eat all but tonight i took ragu roasted garlic alfredo sauce and spread it on then i put mozzerella cheese on it then i put small broccoli florets (mine were frozen so i nuked them for about 45 sec before) on it. On top of that i put colby/jack shredded cheese on top then i put it in the oven for 10 min on 400 degrees.  You have to top it quick or your tortilla might get soggy.
This one was really good and between the tortilla and cheese it had about 19 grams of protein.

Anyway thought i would share.   
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/10 7:05 am
Sounds good...I need to learn to be creative.
PoohkinandPiglet
on 1/24/10 11:10 am - TX

There are a ton of great tortilla pizza recipes on Eggface's website. 

www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

IRAYD8U
on 1/24/10 4:20 pm - MONTICELLO, MN

I like these pizzas too, however, I don't like the way the tortillias get.  They are either soggy or rubbery....so I've started using the Arnold Select Sandwich Thins!  the top half works great if you want more of a thin crust while the bottom is more of a handtossed.....And they are smaller!

Heather

HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Kari M.
on 1/24/10 11:41 pm
I have actually used the Jiffy Pizza crust mix. It doesn't make too much, and it can be rolled out SUPER thin. We put turkey pepperoni, canadian bacon, and lots of green/red bell peppers. I've also found a generic pizza sauce that is sugarless. If I bake the pizza on a pizza pan for awhile, then place it directly on the rack it gets crunchy enough for me to eat. YUM!

For some reason, I can't tolerate flour tortillas yet. They used to be my favorite, but not so much now.

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 9:48 am - Glenside, PA
I eat a slice of regular pizza and am satisified with just one.  I don't have much luck with the sandwich thins.  They feel like a rock in my tummy.
Laura_Illinois
on 2/9/10 3:51 am - Morris, IL
Yummy, Pizza! I better eat lunch. I'm getting hungry for pizza.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!