6 month update/rant

sexyshoediva
on 1/30/10 4:09 am - OH
Finally had my 6 months 7/28.  Feeling both excited and disappointed.  I am half way there Yah me!  I am very grateful for the progress i have made and proud of myself.  But in the back of my head I still feel like I should be making more progress.  The funny things is, I remember telling the doctor that I didn't want to lose 150lbs in 1 year.  That I wanted a slower weight loss, that is why i wanted to have the band, and he said "well you will!"  And I thought Noooo, that's too fast, I've been big for a long time, i need to ease into my weight loss.  Now I'm like hmm, lets get a move on here, what's taking so long.  This is driving my mother crazy.  She's like why can't you just be happy?  And I AM happy...... and frustrated.  Mostly because I figured out that at my present rate of loss, it will take me until next January to get to my goal.  You know what, if I had lost this much weight without surgery I would be beside myself with giddiness.  As my mother keeps pointing out to me.  I think my problem is the expectations of where I should be and the comparing myself with others that is my real problem.  So that's my rant for today!
Peace out!

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

2_be_me_again
on 1/31/10 6:04 am

Girl... I can sooooooooooo relate!   I feel good about my progress to date but darn if I keep thinking about how "that girl" got to goal by 6 month post- WTF?   No matter how much we tell ourselves - just be happy..... we can't.   I'm sure once we get to goal - we'll be like.... oh......look at my skin, or look at my arms or my belly etc.   I need to stop looking for things to be sad about.... I lost a **** load of weight in about 6 months....I am happy about it.   But (of course there's a but) I haven't lost any weight in about 2 full months.  In fact I gained 2 pounds earlier this month (luckily they are gone now)....  it's such a head game I tell ya!

I shouldn't complain...with the weather, I haven't been to the gym in about 2 weeks my carb intake is out of control,  I drink while eating blah blah blah.  

One day at a time....

Great post....

Hugs.

Brandi

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

georgiapeachinla
on 1/31/10 10:28 pm
You are still doing we'll girlie over 75 lbs is awesome..
I mean .. I think we all want to lose weight.. in a few months... but our weight gain took a lifetime .. meaning.. that is will take time to lose what we gain.. and learn to maintain.. I believe the lap band weight loss.. tends to be a little slower because you still consume all the fat & calories at intake... VS. gastric or DS. But weightloss average equals overtime to these same procedures. But on the bright side... you will complete your goal!!.. just not at the rate we want.. maybe you need make small goals..up to your 1 year anniversary.. meaning that way you won't feel like what you are doing may not be enough.. I made goals also and believe me some were met in my time frame & some were not.. so I made mini small goals like.. (jog for 1 mile in four months, walk 3 miles a day in a month, lift weights 3 times a week in a month, take my vitamins every day, lose 30lbs in 3 months, and drink 8 glasses of fluids a day(still forget sometimes LOL). Just remember our new life is a new journey, journey are not completed in a short time- and NO REGRETS GIRLIE!!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

dgarzila
on 2/2/10 4:48 am
January was our 6 months? I thought it was 7.... thanks ,, now i feel better...

and it is good to see someone on here who has the same surgery date...

I keep thinking I have been slow on the weight loss , but I am down to a weight where people are checking me out...

we gotta just keep the faith...

look at even those around us who we thought were thin and you can see they are also soft in the middle. I am noticing that all of those people who used to look down at me or I thought were are now bigger in the gut or look fat...

so we have accomplished much...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!