Do you weigh your food?

luanne711
on 1/17/10 11:41 am, edited 1/17/10 11:46 am - Bradford, PA
every single time if you do?

I'm starting to think I need to do that.  I feel like I'm now able to eat less food than when I first started this journey, right after surgery.  Mind you, it might be the texture of the foods, but dang, the last couple of days, I'm just not able to eat "as much" (which is a good thing), but it hurts for about an hour till I can pass some gas.  I just can't seem to eat slow enough or something.  You'd think I'd learn to eat slower and not take as much of a helping.  Guess I need to back it down to 1/2 cup and eat a little bit more if I'm still hungry.

There just doesn't seem to be a happy medium for me.  And just when I thought chili and I were buds.  How can we break this cycle of eating too much!!  :(  You would think I would have learned by now.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/10 9:12 pm - Glenside, PA
I don't weigh my food but I have a few things I snack on that I want to weigh to get a good potion size for.  Also, I have shrimp very often for lunch and all of the calorie charts give nutrition for grams so I need to know how many grams I am consuming.
For the most part, I throw my food into a mug (fill half) and then into the microwave. 

Sometimes I am alaramed at how much I eat compared to when I was first out.  I get scared that I am overfilling.  But then, I have other times when I can eat very little, so I know in my head that mu pouch is still small.
luanne711
on 1/18/10 1:14 am - Bradford, PA

I think I need to start doing half full too.   These old habits are so hard to break, but if I don't break them, then I know I'll pay in pain  :(  

I understand your fear of overfilling.  Lately, I've been feeling that way too, but I think it has more to do with the consistency of the food vs. the quantity so much.  Know what I mean.  I've been trying to focus more on "chew chew chew" and I know that helps to make a difference. 

We keep pluggin' along :-)

Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 1/17/10 11:44 pm
it is good to weigh some items..

But after talking to my doc.. I thought I was eating too much.. but I right at the level I need .. I can not eat over 6 oz's(1 1/2) I get SICK FEELS LIKE MY RIBS ARE BREAKING HAPPEN ONCE WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.. I promise my self i wouldn't go over that.. But when I do measure about a cup and half when I do weight it.. it's around 4 to 5 ozs.. feels me up just right unless.. it's turkey... and i can only eat  2 to 3 ozs of that because it course meat... BUT I LUV ME SOME CHILI!! TRY Some GHOULOS Luanne... I forward you the recipe got it out of Home & gardens low cal meal book in grocery store( $2.00) has a lot of local meals that are so yummy.... YUMMY and easy to digests .. I use lean ground pork, or lean ground chicken.. I will find it for you OKAY.. If you get that book at the grocery store counter.. the recipes are in carbs counts & portion sizes.. as long as follow portion size ( cup size measured you don't even need a scale)..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 1/18/10 1:12 am - Bradford, PA
thank you Lisa.  That sounds great.  Thank you.  I'm always looking for recipes which are RNY friendly for sure. 

Anymore, I'm half afraid to eat in fear that I'm gonna be sick.  Just can't seem to win for losin' (no pun intended).
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
2_be_me_again
on 1/18/10 7:29 am
No... I haven't weighed at all.  It's interesting that you are noticing you can't eat as much as before.   I feel like at times - I eat way to much and way to fast but then again - I think I just may be over thinking things to much.   DARN - this is such a mental struggle for me.

Gurr....
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

luanne711
on 1/19/10 12:41 am - Bradford, PA
I agree Brandi.  I know I overthink this way too much.  Sometimes, I'm consumed by it, but I guess that's good.  Rather should I say 'focused'  :-)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/10 12:42 am
I don't weigh my food either.  I probably should...

I have a couple problems with eating. 

I think I eat too fast, but when I take tiny bites it feels like it goes down quickly and I'm ready for another bite.

My eyes are bigger than my stomach...that old saying is finally true for me.  When I'm really hungry I will think I need to fix a bigger plate of food, but then will only eat half of it.

And my biggest problem I think is taking one more bite.  I will feel satisfied and stop eating, but then if I'm still at the table and the plate is in front of me then sometimes I will take another bite or two.  And then I feel miserable.  I need to focus on getting that plate away from me after I feel I'm done eating.
luanne711
on 1/19/10 2:52 am - Bradford, PA
I'm guilty of everything you wrote here too girl. 

I think I need to get back to pulling out the baby spoon and fork and try that again. 

I too have the hardest time throwing away that one last bite and if I indulge, I pay for it dearly.  And before I do it, I say, Luanne, you're gonna pay for this!!  :(   Sometimes I listen and sometimes not. 
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views