skin pains

luanne711
on 1/14/10 11:04 pm - Bradford, PA
Lately, I've been hanging new curtains, but not doing any odd stretching or anything, cleaning off my porch, putting stuff away (finally) and yesterday, I noticed a very little twinge around my old GBS incision areas (one of them in particular).  It kind of reminds me of the days when I had adhesions, but they're on the surface, not deep inside kind of pains, and I would think that I'm so far past scar tissue building, that I wonder if it's just my skin tightening up and doing it's thing.  I can set here at  my desk and all of a sudden, I'll feel that little twinge or feeling of tension.  Not sure how to describe it.  I'd like to think it's just my skin shrinking back to it's normal state?

Since surgery, July 22nd, I've lost 80 lbs and 112 in the past  year.

Anyone else having these issues or slight pains, maybe feelings of skin tightening?  Can you feel this happening or I wonder if it's something bad going on.  Dang, I hope not, but I don't feel bad.... KWIM
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
PoohkinandPiglet
on 1/16/10 2:39 pm - TX
I have the same thing occasionally while driving.  I think it's nerve pain from the scar tissue.  It doesn't last long for me.  Just a slight burning, itching kind of feeling.  It should go away over time.

butterflydreams
on 1/17/10 7:31 am
 I have this too. My doctor said it is normal for this to happen. It is like Pooh says scar tissue. She told me that it will go away. Mine is the one nearest to my naval that always "twinges". Sometimes I feel like it is "moving" .. sounds weird but I can feel it tighten around my incision. 

I also get an occasional pain in my side which I think is brought on by my exercise. Working muscles that my body forgot it had. I think it's weird to put my hands on my hips and actually feel bones in there. I used to have so much padding that I forgot there was bones under all that! LOL

luanne711
on 1/17/10 11:22 am - Bradford, PA

yep, that sounds similiar to what I've been experiencing too, but I've been really bad on exercising.  All things considered, I still think I'm doing pretty good  :-)

I suppose if I exercised. I might be able to get into those size 18 clothes and lower  lol
 and feel those bones I know are tucked in there someplace  :-)

Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 1/17/10 10:50 am
Yeah Luanne...

I have little I call it " LITTLE KNIFE STABBING PAINS" every now in then..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 1/17/10 11:34 am - Bradford, PA
not to be confused with the OMG I ate too much kind of pain - oh man, now that hurts. why do we do that ourselves......
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 1/17/10 11:57 pm
I get the knife feeling pains when my incision areas are exposed to cold... CRAZINESS... glad when it goes away permanent..
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 1/18/10 1:16 am - Bradford, PA
cold??   in California?   Get your belly out of the freezer girl  lmao  j/k
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 1/18/10 1:52 am
Yeah I AM COLD RIGHT NOW... COLD ALL TIME....
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!