SO VERY SAD!!!!

sexyshoediva
on 1/14/10 8:58 am - OH

I feel you girl.  I was 347 the day of my surgery and I'm 274 today (I'm waiting to see what the surgeon's scale says tomorrow) and somedays it is frustrating.  I feel like I am losing soo much slower than everybody else.  One day I'm like "this sucks" the next day I'm like "wow I can't believe I am in the 270's, this is so great!!"

One thing that helped: someone suggested taking pictures of yourself to upload on here.  I did that and everytime I look at them I can't believe it's me.  It really helped.  Do i still wish I were down 100 already.  YES.  But we will get there.  Just think of it this way, we are giving our skin a chance to catch up to us. 

The only other suggestion i have is to hire georgiapeach to come and cook for us!!!

jan 25, 2009 363

lightest weight 225

IRAYD8U
on 1/14/10 8:29 pm - MONTICELLO, MN
Gena,

I want you to stop and look at your health tracker......We had surgery the same day hun!  You have lost more than me......I don't have as far to go as you, BUT....I still stall!  I hadn't lost one pound from Dec 22nd until Jan 7th....in fact I gained 2 or 3 back and came back down.....lol....however, I have lost 6 lbs in the last week.....I have come to a point in my life were I have SOOO much going on that I don't even find time to get on the scale anymore....if I step on that scale and the needle hasn't dropped I get off of it and put it away for another week or maybe even two.....once it's moved I keep getting on it every morning until it stops again.......I find it helps me to enjoy my wieghtloss more if I get to watch it GO DOWN instead of stay the same or go up!  That is just my approach.....but boy I tell you it sure helps me!

You are doing a fantastic job so stop stressing about it!
Heather
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Gena L.
on 1/15/10 11:44 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Thanks to everyone that responded....I was at a low point that day...BUT today is a new day!  One brimming with possibilities!  So I'm ready to embrace and follow-through...

Wow, it's going to be a good one.

Thanks again for the encouragement.  You July'ers rock!

2_be_me_again
on 1/16/10 2:59 am

<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------HOT DAMN - YOU LOOK GREAT GENA!  Love your new avie!    I have been in a stall for about 2 months as well.  I firmly believe it's a stall in pounds only cause my clothes are loose everytime I change out of them.  I'm losing inches - so it's not a true stall per se.   I have not gotten discouraged as of yet cause - 1. I feel amazingly healthy. 2. I look better than I have in YEARS.  3. I know for a fact that my RNY is still working and I will get to goal this year.  I have such a positive out look this year.  It's really satisfying actually. 

The goals we set for ourselves are sometimes set without thinking about the process as a whole.  Before I had my surgery I set a goal loss of 45lbs by my 3rd month post op however I only lost 29lbs by that point.  My weight loss has been much slower than most but I reap the rewards of the weight I have lost to date everyday.  Pulled from the book called: "Things Slow Loser's Say" - slow yet paced weight loss is great for one's body... it will give your body a chance to keep up with the weight loss and will aide greatly in the saggy skin debates.   

As you say you've been following the rules for the most part.... I can't see you failing if you truly are following the rules.   Keep up the great work.  80lbs is just AMAZING.  IF you think about it... you lost 80lbs in about 6 months... you mean to tell me by July 2010 you will have lost another 80lbs - I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your 80lbs loss in another 6 months girl.   As hard as it is for me not to judge myself on "that girls" loss - I have learned it does no good to do that to myself. 

You will get there soon.  Be happy.  Be proud.   Get ready for the next 6 months - it will be here sooner than you know it.

Hugs Gena - you really do look fantastic.

Brandi

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Sabrenia8888
on 1/27/10 7:26 pm - Orlando, FL
I have to join in on this one because this is how I truly feel at times. I started out at 344 pre surgery and now I am only 260. I feel like the weight is coming off so slow as well. I know things will get better and I love the encouragement as well.

~Sabrenia G.
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
jdr1208
on 1/27/10 10:16 pm - Worcester, MA
gena, can i come and give you a hug (and maybe we can curl up on the couch and eat surgar free ice cream and cry over our stalls?!) ive been between 201-206 since early december i started a 5 day pouch test yesterday and somehow i gained a pound. this surgery was a last resort for me and i cant help but feel like i am huge failure. so im with you on that. you've done great so far and if this stall doesnt end how about that sitting on the couch with s/f ice cream idea?
♥jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!