hungry and stalled

jdr1208
on 1/11/10 1:34 am - Worcester, MA

hey everyone i have run into a rut and i was curious as to whether i am the only one or if anyone else has gone through this...
when i had my surgery (7/20/09) my surgeon mentioned my hunger would come back after about a year... well, about a month ago my hunger came back, and so did my cravings, i sadly gave in a few times and didnt notice any large dumping syndromes... just occassionally, its not consistent. i still try to maintain small portions, i eat more than i did a few months ago, but i still always use a small plate and still take less than my 2 year old, but i fini**** and sometimes crave seconds so i get right up, get my lunch together for the next day if im having left overs and start cleaning up. i feel like if i sit there i will just eat. there are times when i eat more than my 6oz and times when i have a bite or two and feel sick.

i have been in a stall for about a month, however, early dec i TMI had an iud put in and have had my period for almost a month, minus 1 random week i thought it went away. can these be condusive to my stall and hunger? or is my body just getting back to normal and i have a bigger problem?

i put a call in to my nut this morning and she gave me a few suggestions but doesnt want to see me until my next surgeon apt in feb. she said stalls are returned hunger are normal and to see how i do this month.
but im walking by the vending machine on my way to the ladies room and the chocolate and cheezits are jumping out at me and im thanking god i have no $

am i screwed? has anyone else dealt with this?
thanks so much!!!
♥♥jill

CATHERINE81
on 1/11/10 1:51 am - BROCKTON, MA
hey mamma im 7.5 months out and am hungry more often now and its hard and only lost 6 oounds last month just keep positive..

btw cant wait to meet u saturday,
jdr1208
on 1/11/10 2:05 am - Worcester, MA

i know im excited. i helped host a party with the girl who trained me, im so all about it, i just wish i had more stock to show, but i know we will have fun anyway!

this hunger is killing me though, i feel like i have the constant munchies, but not so much at night, more so during the day, which is weird. so i try to bring mini meals with me, and when i do i can hardly eat them, but when i dont i want to eat like im 7 months pregnant with quadruplets. its really getting me down, all i want is to hit below 200!!! i keep going between 203-207... very sad :(

i need an elliptical machine and get my exercise on. i have been slacking BAD!!! maybe ill wii fit my butt off tonight and try to set a stricter exercise schedule, i know that probably is a huge factor. i just keep telling myself 70 more pounds 70 more pounds...

CATHERINE81
on 1/11/10 2:23 am - BROCKTON, MA
Well thats your problem you keep telling your self 70 mpre thats alot... tell your self ok 15 more (then do somthing for your self) thats what i do i would up your protene and for snacks bring cut up cheese or kidney beans and black beans mix it up a lil.. i go days that i can eat more and some that i cant.... when i drink click hot like coffee that helps me...

yes we will have fun jade (the guy i work with his wife is from vietnam) i had to explain what the oarty was she was all excited.... lol well have a blast..
bryden1401
on 1/11/10 12:00 pm
I have been stalled out for 3 weeks now at the same weight and it is driving me nuts! I also have hunger that has come back on some days not all the time and i feel like i am eating more it seems, my friend said she was eating about 1/2 cup at this time so i think that is normal. My huge fear is i have ruined my pouch but i know that is really hard to do so i try to put that out of my head but it is hard! I have been told stalls happen to but this is the longest i have gone without loosing i go to my dr on the 20th and i am so afraid of what he will say even though i have been doing what i am suppose to and adding exsercise in the mix.  The numbers aren't moving but pants i bought 3 weeks ago that were TIGHT fit now so i must be loosing inches. Someone told me that when you stall it is your body catching up and then it will kick into gear again.  sure hope mine kicks back in gear SOON! so i can quit going nuts so NO your not alone i think there are quite a few of us in the same boat as you!
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

bryden1401
on 1/11/10 12:02 pm
I also put away my scale i was getting crazy with it weighing 3 times a day that just can't be good i am going to TRY to stay off of it for a week lol we shall see how  it goes.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Gena L.
on 1/12/10 8:27 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
Gena L.
on 1/12/10 8:27 pm - Canal Winchester, OH
I completely understand!  We had our surgery the same day! I feel like I have been in a stall for nearly a month (or 2) now.  I started at 346 (at surgery date) and I'm now 264.  I see tons of people dropping tons of weight and I'm barely losing 2lbs a month.  It's so very discouraging!  I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I know that 80 lbs is phenomenal, but I feel like my body is just revolting against me!I want to be in 'one-derland' is just feels so very far off!  I'm becoming very sad as a result...which makes the bad foods more inviting.  I've only indulged here and there....but for the most part, I follow all rules.Did I really do all this to go backwards?

georgiapeachinla
on 1/12/10 11:48 pm
I understand your plight..

I HAVE BEEN IN THIS SCENARIO.... I do work in the health field... we women's have ragging hormones on regular daily basis.. as we lose weight they some times get out of wack... there are endorphins, and hormone level needed to sub-stain the body we have caused a large SHOCK TO the bodies system.. which make our level tread off..  it worsen with that time of month... sometimes we can include a vitamin regimen that kinda helps that. but after reviewing the web and speaking to my DOC... at six months you can typically eat 1 1/2... but he stated that hunger can come back after three to four months..  My nutritionist did tell me to try to eat food with lots of protein, veggies and whole wheat.. that will stay in the pouch longer it's the bodies way of trying to sabotage our diets.. because it thinks were in danger and not eating enough calories.. CRAZY HUH???..JUST KEEP up the awesome work.. you have a tool to maintain now... NO WORRIES.
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!