5 1/2 Month GAIN?!?!

Misty Gilbert
on 12/29/09 12:30 pm - Marshall, IL
Ok so my surgery was July 21st and I've lost just over 100lbs -- since surgery 80+lbs -- but the last month I've only lost FIVE pounds and the last week I actually weighted once at 227 just now I weighted 232 -- Grrr.  I know the difference in the time of day, the fact that I normally weigh undressed and the fact that I am probably starting to hold some water because of the time of month for me, but still .... 
I have done great on my diet and exercise up till about two weeks ago and with the holidays that all seemed to go out the window.  I noticed myself snacking and eating things I shouldn't eat ever at all.  Holday stress, foods not normally in the home due to holidays and baking and all the goodies the Aunts send each Christmas...  I'm not sure.  I should be thrilled to be 100 + lbs lighter than I was a year ago, but instead I feel like it's not even close to enough, and I feel absolutely paniced that I'm going to start gaining back. 

Right now I am just feeling super down on myself because I know I have been bending if not entirely breaking the rules.  I've barely made it to the gym since the kids have been out for Christmas break.  I feel like I've ruined everything!  Just want to throw away all the junk food in the house and force the family to spend the rest of vacation eating MY FOODS.  That's terribly selfish of me to want to remove their foods because I am having trouble with will power. 

I really need to find a weight loss support group locally to help with the psychological part of all this!

Hopefully in one week I'll feel entirely differently and I'll be back on the right track, living healthy, feeling healthy, and losing weight.
*~*Misty*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass;                       
            It's learning to
dance in the rain!

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 12:36 pm - Glenside, PA
I'm right there with you!  I gained three pounds!  I practically jumped off the scale. 

I had a couple of days struggle with the carb moster and now I am close to back on track.  Who knew I would miss my routine so thoroughly?

I am still wainting for the motivation to exercise.  *sigh*
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/09 12:25 am
Hi Misty...just want you to know that you are not alone!  I also have gotten on the scale only to see a gain.  At times I get really depressed about it.  I really fell off the wagon around Halloween...chocolate should be illegal!!!  But I  got through it and started losing again.  Only to have it slow down again. 

So my body just goes in cycles and I've had to accept it.  When the time of the month comes along, my weight loss just shuts down for about a week or two, sometimes even three,  then kicks in again eventually.   It's totally frustrating!

Thankfully my body kicked in again right before Christmas and I've lost 10 lbs in a week!  But the time of the month is right around the corner so I know it's gonna put on the brakes again soon.  But I'm gonna take that weight loss and try to be happy.  I wish my body didn't work this way, but it's the pattern that I have figured out.

I am not a big exerciser.  I'd rather sit at my computer all day long.  But I bought myself a bicycle and have been riding and absolutely LOVE it!  I don't go overboard right now because I just want to get used to it, but I'll ride 2-3 miles at a time and I think that fabulous when I look at where I was a year ago.

Best wishes to you, hon.  I think you are doing great!  Look where you were a year ago and look at where you are today.  Amazing, isn't it?
georgiapeachinla
on 12/30/09 3:13 am
Don't feel bad I believe every-ones telling you the same scenario.. they are correct.. I can lose up to three weeks.. then I hit a plateau for two to three weeks.. I have gotten use to it.. but it stills make you feel like the surgery is no longer working.. but then I remember that around that special time of month hormones are off balance, water weight in which women can gain up to 10 or more lbs..then I seem to crave carbs this time of month.. BELIEVE ME YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! The weight will start to drop again.. I thought the same thing last month and lost about 30lbs after a three week stall..

It's all GOOD GIRLIE!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Misty Gilbert
on 12/30/09 5:07 am - Marshall, IL
Thanks so much for the encouragement!  I tend to release all my negativity here.  I am feeling better today already, but I am just going to do the best I can this week, I'm increasing my protein intake dramatically because I've realized I am getting almost none right now which is probably making me overeat and feel hungry more often.  I am also cutting out sugar and removing the leftover holiday treats after tomorrow (if the girls and their friends don't wipe them all out at their little New Year's Eve get together).  I know next week will be better when i am back on my normal schedule and the girls are back at school..  Plus I start my on campus classes the following week, YAY -- something to busy my mind & body.  I'll also be hitting the gym more regularly because my routine is to drop my girls off at school and go to the gym which hasn't happened much since they've been on break.... MUCH?!?!  Who am I kidding, only once!

Just needed a little reminder to keep working at it and realize the things that are currently hidering my weight loss. 

THANKS EVERYONE!!!  :-)
*~*Misty*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass;                       
            It's learning to
dance in the rain!

Cee *.
on 12/30/09 4:55 pm
I've been standing still for 2-3 weeks. I'm a bit discouraged because I wanted to lose 100 lbs by 1/15/09, and losing 18 lbs in 2 weeks is a bit much to hope for. But the inches have been falling off. I notice it in my hips the most. Have you measured yourself lately?

Lab Rat Data so far...

KristeMitchell
on 1/1/10 5:39 am
I am so glad to hear I am not alone!  I think at this point in the journey we are all starting to struggle.  I ate like crap the past few weeks and my weight loss all but stopped.  It is bound to happen.  All we can do is just start over and get back on track.  I have uped my protein and have drastically limited the sweets (peppermint bark was calling my name from the 75% off rake at Walmart today..ahhhhh!).  You are doing amazing! 100 pounds is AWESOME! Cut yourself some slack and move on.  If you start to panic and obsess over the food you will just create the very behaviors that got us all in trouble to begin with.  We have to learn to co-exist with food and our pouch. We have to learn to eat in the real world and that includes holiday parties and treats! Enjoy a bite or two and move on with life. Regarding a support group, you should ask your surgeon for some in the area.  My surgeon sponsers 4 different ones a month (he is awesome).  Good luck to you!!!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 1/1/10 11:29 am - TX
Holidays are stressful and tempting.  I ate way too many sugar free Oreos!   I'm going to see Dr. G for my six months check in two weeks and am having my blood drawn in a few days.  Time to get back on track and serious about my plan.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views