Survived Christmas

JulieTX
on 12/26/09 10:49 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I tasted a lot of goodies and most of them were not as tasty as I remembered.  Way too sweet!  My DM made us a SF pumpkin pie and it was so yummy.  I had slices that were about 1 1/2 inch and it was perfect.  I know I didn't get enough protein in most days.

When I got up and weighed this morning....I'VE LOST 3 POUNDS!!  I am now just 3 pounds from onederland!

The good thing too is that I didn't feel like I missed out on anything.  I watch the fam lay around because they were so full LOL.

It was a wonderful week spending time withy my family.  That is really what the holidays should be focused on for all of us.

Now on to our Happy New Year...and New YOU!
Julie

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/09 5:04 am - Glenside, PA
Glad to hear things went well for you, Julie.  I did well, too, until the day after Christmas when the carb monster hit.  I am currently in a struggle to get her out of my head!

One thing I really DID lie was the stamina I had for all the preperations that had to be done.  I had alll the energy I needed to get it all accomplished.  How thrilling.
rebeccs
on 12/28/09 4:22 am - Avenel, NJ
Congratulations, Julie, on lossing three pounds!
Unfortunately, I think I found the ones you lost.
Totally bummed to have gained weight over the week. But, I guess that's the cause to my effect. I DID graze while opening presents and I DID have a glass of wine with (not before; not after) my meal. I justified my cheese and cracker binges saying well, at least I'm not moving toward the cookie tray. The lesson? grazing = bad, no matter what the food.
2_be_me_again
on 12/29/09 2:50 am

That's great Julie... like the other poster said... I gained the 3 you lost.  I over did it to the max last week.  I drank wine, ate rice crispy teats, candy, pretzels etc.  Grazed all day on christmas - had a large slice of ham with stuffing and gravy.  I sure as hell didn't miss out on anything.  Back to the gym I went yesterday and this morning and will be going tomorrow and on Sat. 

You're doing amazing... looking forward to reading your "Onederland" post soon!

Happy New Year!

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/09 12:38 am
Hi Julie!!! Congrats on onederland being right around the corner!!!  How exciting !!!

I also tasted some goodies over the holiday.  Thankfully a bite or two totally satisfied me.  At our Christmas eve party I ignored the sweets because they just looked so full of bread or dough.  I'm not sure how to explain it.  I want more of the good stuff than the bread or dough.  At that party I went for the meat.  My cousin had made some pork that just melted in your mouth.  I had a piece of it and wished I could eat more.  Had some cheese dip too so I wasn't a total angel.

But the next day my SIL brought over some coconut cookies that are to die for!!!  I will honestly say I had more than 1 of those.  Also my hubby makes great broccoli cheese and rice casserole.  I wanted to just put that on my plate and eat nothing more.  Thankfully everyone else liked it too and  it was all gone by the next day.

My SIL actually got a little put out with me because after I was full, I left the table.  She was upset that I left her at the table, but I told her I had to because I didn't want to eat anymore and sitting at that table meant that I could still graze.  Plus after I get full, the smell of food gets on my nerves.

It was a wonderful time with family all around.  The kids got too many presents and I vowed I would scale back next year.  Probably the same vow I made last year.  We'll see how well I keep to it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views