Hair loss! Uggghhh

McIrish
on 12/16/09 1:24 pm - MN
So Im sure this has been asked and answered but.......How long will this "shedding" continue? I (used) to have Really thick hair and now most of it ends up on my clothes, the floor, brushes, bathtub.  It feels so thin and Im getting worried!!! Help!
Beda40
on 12/17/09 6:08 am - Florham Park, NJ
You and me both... it's awful.  I don't know how there's any hair left but it really is looking awful.  I'm trying not to stress out about it but it's starting to get to me.  People say it's due to lack of protein which in my case is probably true because I can't stand it and only have 1 shake a day and not every day.  I've read it starts growing back around 6 months... at this rate I'll have nothing left by then.  :( 
PoohkinandPiglet
on 12/18/09 7:06 am - TX
I was feeling the same way about a month ago.  I read that it's the worst from months four to nine and that, no, it's not going to ALL fall out.  While my hair is still shedding, I'm having good luck with several new hair care products. 

I like Nioxin shampoo-- the formula for visibly thinning hair.  I've also added the John Frieda luminous color glaze to my shampoo routine.  It's a non-chemical color glosser/shine booster.  It covers my grays but is not chemically harmful.  It definitely gives my hair more shine and texture.  I purchased it from Ulta for around $10.

Hang in there.  It gets better.

Laura_Illinois
on 12/18/09 10:51 pm - Morris, IL
I had my 5 month check up yesterday and I asked the nutritionist specifically about this. I told her it looks like you could make a bird's nest out of the hair left in the bottom of my bathtub after I shampoo. (I've started to only wash my hair 2-3 times a week because of it.)

She told me it usually lasts a maximum of 9-12 months after surgery. It will grow back and you won't lose all of it. You have new hair growing in right now, it's just very short.

I asked her if the amount of protein and calcium you consume makes a difference in your hair loss.

Her response was that by the time the hair is falling out, its too late to make a difference. So basically, we just have to live with it until it stops.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

saletiajohnson
on 12/23/09 6:57 am - anchorage, AK
So depressing..tried the biotin and all that good stuff. Im half black and I had real
this curley hair..its so thin now and I dont even like to bru**** anymore. It creeps me
out. And it feels very wiery im constantly putting moisterizer in it and I dont straighten
it anymore.
thatgirltx
on 12/23/09 12:21 pm
I started taking Biotin two weeks ago, and am hardly losing anything now!  it's a freaking miracle!  try it!  you can get it super cheap through puritans pride dot com.  I got 5 bottles of the 5,000 mcg dose for like 14 bucks.  I take one a day.  It is literally like night and day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views