Walden Farms Peanut Spread

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/09 11:12 pm
Whipped Peanut Spread

I bought some of this at the store last week.  Thought it would be a good alternative to peanut butter and heck no calories, how could I go wrong?

I opened it this morning to make the girls some PB&J's for lunch.  I smelled it...it doesn't smell like peanut butter.  Then I got some on my finger so I licked it...doesn't taste like peanut butter either. 

I think my expectations were too high.  I put on lots o' jelly to try to mask the flavor from the girls.  I know I'm gonna hear about it when they get to my school this afternoon.

Have you tried it?  What are your thoughts?  I want to like it...I really do...but I don't.
AshleyDillo
on 12/15/09 5:19 pm - Tallahassee, FL

Never tried it.  I have tried their salad dressings and I just didn't like them at all.  Some people like some of the products..but I try to stay away.

When I do peanut butter I usually do the natural peanut butter.  It's heavy in fats, but no sugars and I don't eat that much at once.  I also like PB2.  It has a minimal amount of sugar in it, but it does have the peanut butter taste.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

PoohkinandPiglet
on 12/18/09 7:33 am - TX

Fifty-50 Peanut Butter Creamy, Without Added Sugar, 18-Ounce Units (Pack of 6)

I buy this one.  It has no added sugar and tastes great.  They have it at Walmart or HEB with the diabetic foods.  My kids eat it.  Hubby eats it too and he's picky about his peanut butter!

By the way, I FINALLY found the sugar free oreos.  OMG is all I can say!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views