I Got A Bike!!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/09 9:29 am
Christmas came early last night when my husband and I went into Houston and came home with a bicycle!  It's beautiful!!!  It's an Electra Townie and it's green.  Before we left the store, I had a water bottle holder installed and a BELL!!!

So I haven't been on a bike in 25 years.  I remember riding a bike in 6th grade but never again since then.  I was so scared!  I wouldn't try it out at the store.  I was scared and a bit embarrassed too.   I at least climbed on and made sure it was the right height, but if I was gonna fall off I sure as heck was gonna do it at my house and not in front of all of Houston.

So we got home and at 11pm I got on and...it was like riding a bike...you don't forget!  I haven't fallen yet!  I got up this morning and went around the block.  It's a little over a mile.  Then after church I went around the block again.  And then again this evening I went around the block again.  I'm sure my neighbors are wondering why this crazy person keeps going by their house.

I think this was the kick in the pants I needed. 
georgiapeachinla
on 12/13/09 9:36 am, edited 12/13/09 9:36 am
Good for you..
That was so sweet of your husband.. I mountain bike every other weekend on my ..bike KINDA WORRIED NOW THE FOXES ARE COMING OUT OF THE HILLS ATTACKING PEOPLE CRAZY HUH? Have to find a new route.. LOL I'm not fighting no D--M FOXES!!.. you will LUV  bike riding though it's AWESOME!!

Merry Christmas!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 12/13/09 11:45 pm - TX
Congratulations!  Sounds like all you need now is a Princess basket on the handlebars! 

Maybe we'll get some sunshine again soon.  Happy riding! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views