Some random thoughts

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/09 1:16 am - Glenside, PA
I've lost 80 lbs.  Where did they go?   The clothing size is different, but the body looks the same in the mirror.

I feel so much better and I have so much more energy.  I wish I could get into the habit of exercising regularily.  Is this the thing that could cause me to fil?

I eat too much sometimes.  I'm sure it is far more than a cup.  Maybe a cup and a half.  Is that too much for being 4 1/2 months out?

I have a new-found confidence in myself and my abilities, but my relationships are changing; sometimes not for the better.   I find myself reaching out to people in a way I wouldn't do 80lbs ago, but those closest to me are having to adjust to some new behaviors on my part.  I no longer let people use me as a doormat.  I speak up for myself much more readily.  And I hardly hesitate to speak my mind about things I used to keep to myself. 

I have discovered that I do not want negative people in my life, and if that includes my relatives, then so be it.  I need to have supportive people around me for my own piece of mind and well being.

I miss sandwiches.  So easy and convenient. 

georgiapeachinla
on 12/6/09 10:50 pm

http://www.renewedreflections.com/gastric-bypass-information /gastric-bypass-pouch-rules/

I understand you..
It is like you read my mine this morning.. I mean I have lost over 100lbs but I still see the women in the mirror weighting 380lbs..  I thought at one point I was going loony but my NUT stated that it's a mine thing it takes time for us to see the loss.. I mean family & friends say lately I been very mean too them .. I don't think I have it's just prior to surgery I would have let you run slap over me and cried in silence instead of telling them that they cannot rule my life.. I think for the most part along with losing the weight.. i felt that at 380lbs I had self confidence but actually i didn't.. because a lot of the decisions I made were because I was not self assured enough to say "that's not right".. now I have gain my self assurance that you can no longer judge me cause of my weight, I make better decisions, and people in my life better get use to the new LISA.. sometimes we loss friends *****ally weren't our friends in the beginning.. I mean the old Lisa use to be scared of change.. that no longer exits.. but on the part of the 1cup 1/2 I read this article on the web.. you are on target for eating, but you are right you don't want to go over a 1 1/2.. i don't think we are capable.. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.. BARF CITY!!! I have attached the link at the TOP..
Peace & LUV!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 11:11 am - Glenside, PA
Lisa,  Thank you so much for the link.  That is a great article for me to read right now!  And it's really nice to know that I'm not having these thoughts by myself!  This is fun, eh?
georgiapeachinla
on 12/8/09 6:24 am
Hey we are never alone..
GOOD THOUGHTS!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

2_be_me_again
on 12/22/09 11:05 am
Hello there....

I certainly hear where your coming from.... I often have that feeling that I'm eating way to much than I should be able to.   Not to mention - I eat fairly fast.   It used to take me at least an hour to eat...now I can go through a sandwhich or burger in about 10 minutes.   YOU GO GIRL... get rid of the "anchors" .  It's a hard task - especially if they are family.... but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Congratulations on your success! What a great ride this has been.

Happy holidays,
Brandi
AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views