The Biggest Loser

butterflydreams
on 12/3/09 3:29 am
 I watched this weeks Biggest Loser TWICE. I am just amazed at how much they lose in a week. Even with my tool (RNY), eating right  and working out an hour 3 times a week-- I can't seem to lose 3 lbs in a week! I have got to step it up. I have been trying to eat just protein and cut down on fats. This time of year it is especially hard because of all the chocolates! Ohh and did I mention I loooove white chocolate covered pretzels! Oh man... now I want some! grrrr

Are you watching The Biggest Loser? Did you vote? I really would love to see Danny win. They all have done fantastic but he has made the biggest transformation in my opinion. Amanda looks fantastic! And Rudy needs to keep that beard off, he looks much better without it. 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 12/3/09 3:52 am - TX
Hey Butterfly,

We had the surgery the same day and have lost the same amount of weight so far.  I'm glad to see someone else with similar results as I've been feeling like a slow loser lately.  Being stuck for most of November has been frustrating. 

Sharon

FreeSpirited1
on 12/3/09 6:23 am
I only lost 2 pounds last month. I have been back on my protien for the past 2 1/2 weeks and that's probably why I wasn't loosing weight ( I guess) . I was exercising every other day, drink all my water and the only meal I eat is dinner.Last month my weight went up  from 271 to 278. As of today I am 269. My surgery date was 7/14. I got depressed and stopped exercising, but did start back on the protien. I will start exercising again today, but I wonder sometimes if I got the wrong surgery. I am trying to work with the tool I have, but it has been very discouraging. I try to stay positive, but it is a challenge.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvV0yKH/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvV0yKH/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
butterflydreams
on 12/3/09 11:14 pm
 I think the more you weighed post op the quicker the weight comes off. You and I started around the same weight. We probably are weighing about the same if not less than those starting out at higher weights. It's hard not to compare our progression to others. But we are all so different. I get frustrated easily. But at the end of the day I still weigh 60 lbs less than I did less than 5 months ago! 

Amazing! 

collinsne
on 12/3/09 9:48 am - Barre, VT
I have been a slow loser since surgery.  Averaging 1-2 lbs a week.  But I am down 122 lbs from my high weight.  I probably need to up my protein and exercise.

I did see the end of the show this week.  They are all looking great.  I wonder how much we could lose in a week if we could exercise like a full-time job too. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/09 10:24 am - Glenside, PA
You all seem to be loosing faster that I am, but I am  not discouraged.  I'm too busy trying to develpe my better eating habits.  Exercise is sporatic at best.  But my chin is still up!
butterflydreams
on 12/3/09 11:11 pm
Your doing great! Your BMI is better than most of us! I think it all depends on what weight you start out at and your bodies metabolism. Mine is slower it seems. Probably because I am not great at eating all the right things. I am exercising though and I have noticed a difference in inches. :D

I've only lost around/about 60 lbs. And my surgery was a day after yours. I started at 242 and am now weighing in at 182. Pretty amazing when I think about it. I know  it seems like a slow progression but when you start out smaller it takes longer. 

Gena L.
on 12/7/09 11:11 am - Canal Winchester, OH
Well, I started off much higher than all of you all.  I was at 350.  I lost pretty good initially, but in the last month I've slowed down to almost nothing...perhaps a 1/2 lb here or there, but those darn fluctuations kill me.  I try to weigh myself same time everyday, but it's crazy how I can start the day at 269 or 270 and end the day at 275!  It mentally drive me NUTS!  My goal was to be down to 270 by 11/15 and unfortunately I didn't make...  However, I did just get there.  But I must admit, I am getting really sad about the weight loss stop...  Seeing the numbers drop on the scale was definite motivator to not go back to bad habits...but since that's no longer happening...it's getting harder and harder for me to stay on the right track!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/09 11:39 am - Glenside, PA
Gena, don't let it get you discouraged.  Just when I was afraid I was slowing down I had a speed up this week and I lost about 5 lbs in a week.  I think the fluctuations are a part of this thing..

Also, I am motivated by how darn good I feel!  I don't ever want to be that exhausted, sad, hiding person again.  I feel so much better about myself now and I have the energy to do what I want to do.  I don't ever want to forget where I came from because I  don't EVER want to go back!

Hang in there!  We really are all different and you are doing just fine.  Keep doing the right things and the weight will keep coming off.  So what if it is slower.  You'd rather be going down that up, right!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 1103 views