Stressed & Need To Vent!

Misty Gilbert
on 12/2/09 4:50 am - Marshall, IL
Sorry for those who end up readin this negatvitiy but I am stressed, not feeling positive at all, and just need to get it off my chest.  For so long I was fat and didn't care, now I am losing and obsessing about weight and food.  I love exercising and wa****ting the gym about 5 times a week, 3 times min.  Now with the Holiday just passing, Christmas coming up, final two weeks of my semester at schoool, and taking care of two toddlers because my niece was in a serious car accident which left her temporarily unable to care for her daughters I am stressed to the max!  My weight has only went down 13lbs in the last month and a half (nearly) and I am sure I am eating more than a 1/2 cup at times, not to mention not always eating the best things for me.  It's stupid that after everything I've done and losing almost 100lbs (98 to be exact) I would risk going back to the same lifestyle and choices I made before.  I am very upset with myself right now and realize I need help dealing with my feelings of stress because they show their ugliness in my eating habits.  Any suggestion on programs or counseling that will help me address my emotional eating?  I am going to become religious about measuring now and going to the gym this morning helped so much although I am still pretty grumpy.  I am setting aside my pilates days for me, no matter what -- that sounds selfish, but that hour three times a week means so much to me!

Again, sorry for the negativity -- I think I just needed to whine and complain for a minute.  Perhaps it's that time of the month (or close I should say) because for two days I have wanted to eat eat eat!

*~*Misty*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass;                       
            It's learning to
dance in the rain!

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/09 8:09 am - Glenside, PA
Vent away!  In my experience it really helps!

I am struggling, too, with some issues that are re-surfacing as the newness of the pouch wears off.  I know how you feel, but, Girl, you are doing AWESOME!

Give youself a huge pat on the back for things done right, and swipe aside those bad choices.  They are now the past.   Each choice is a new one and you don't have to repeat past mistakes!  Keep looking forward!

robinfrommilw
on 12/2/09 8:30 am - WI
I am freaking out too. Just over a week or so ago I was down to 203. Then it was creaping back to 204.8 then 204.4, 204.6 and omg today it said 206.2. What am I going to do? I exercising 6 to 7 days a week. Eating no sugars or fats. Getting my protein and water in. I feel upset about this weight gain. I just took the last provera yesterday. Had to take it for 12 days. I research it online it says it can cause weight gain and bloating, swelling. I take a daily water pill as well. So I don't know how long it takes to get out of your system so I stop gaining weight. It is the only thing that I can see what is causing the weight gain. At least I hope that is what is. My weight gain start on thanksgiving too. Even though I ate right too. And work out for 2 half hours that day.

HELP! 
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

robinfrommilw
on 12/2/09 8:35 pm - WI
well i figure out why the weight gain again I got my period again. I just finish the provera on Tuesday. I just had it 2 times last month and it was only 2 weeks ago I just had my 2nd one and here we go again. What the provera brings your period again. I thought it was to stop your period. As he had me take it to stop the bleeding.  I feel like crap this morning. It was weird last night all of sudden I had bad cramps and wake up and here it is again. This really sucks. No wonder i can't lose much lately it seems all I get is my period all the time. this royally sucks big time. Still weigh in at 206.2 today .
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

georgiapeachinla
on 12/2/09 10:47 pm
CHI CA we all go through..

But the great thing about it is what you just did.. VENTED!! Let go and don't let it control you.. If you feel that you need additional support because of trying times try a support group.. or do something that may ease your mine and stress.. I actually been going through a lot on my job... HUGE Hater's.. then I go home to a TEENAGER who sometimes feels she knows best for her self!!.. I was really stressed so.. I put some energy into other things such as giving some time to BIG BOTHER BIG SISTER, and the FOSTER CARE SYSTEM IN LA.. sometimes you have to find an out let to let go for a min. You have done a tremendous JOB on losing 100LBS.. believe me you are not alone when it comes to making the wrong choices sometimes!!

Good thoughts
Lisa
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 12/3/09 1:29 am - Bradford, PA
Misty, you're doing just fine.  Don't worry about it so much, we all fluctuate in our weight and none of us are perfect in eating the exact amount that is recommended.  It's all a matter of the type of food we are eating.  I can't eat very much "meat" but can do some damage on cottage cheese. 

In regard to the stress, just try to calm down.  Stress is not a good thing whether you are a WLS patient or not.  Breathe and take a deep breath.  Things will get better, but you need to focus and realize that it will get better.  :-) 

Sounds like you need to stop beating yourself up girl.  hang in there  :-)  On the other hand, it's certainly ok to vent  :-)

Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views