Weight Gain?!?!?!

butterflydreams
on 12/1/09 8:12 pm
 I am only weighing weekly to save myself from going to the brink of insanity. I hop on the scale this morning and I have gained 4 lbs back???? WTH... 

I know muscle weighs more than fat but this was a major blow. I weighed about 10 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I have been eating my proteins, avoiding sugar, working out 3 times a week and getting my fluids in. So I am really upset right now. I've had "tummy" issues this week! So I thought if anything that would have made me lose the weight. Ugh.. 

I can't blame it on Thanksgiving because I was good! So I am at a loss? 

pattipetro
on 12/1/09 11:28 pm - Covington, GA
Hi Valerie,
You are doing great,,,,,,,don't freak!  I can gain/lose as much as 7 to 8 lbs in a day.  I retain fluid really badly and find that if I get too much sodium or miss a day or two of exercise, the fluid builds up. 
Drink plenty of water, avoid salt for a few days and it will go away. 

Also when I have irregurlar BM's it happens.  Is it time for your period?  That will do it too.

Best of luck,,,,,,,,,you are beautiful!

Patti

luanne711
on 12/2/09 12:22 am - Bradford, PA
I agree with Patti on all points.  You're doing just fine girl.  You just happened to weigh yourself on a too much fluid day (or one of the many other reasons why type of days). 

You'll be fine. 
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
saletiajohnson
on 12/2/09 3:40 am - anchorage, AK
Hey girl! You are doing great! Did you notice you are only 30 pounds away from your goal! YOU go girl! I always go up in weight right before my period...maybe thats it?
robinfrommilw
on 12/2/09 8:26 am - WI
I am freaking out too. Just over a week or so ago I was down to 203. Then it was creaping back to 204.8 then 204.4, 204.6 and omg today it said 206.2. What am I going to do? I exercising 6 to 7 days a week. Eating no sugars or fats. Getting my protein and water in. I feel upset about this weight gain. I just took the last provera yesterday. Had to take it for 12 days. I research it online it says it can cause weight gain and bloating, swelling. I take a daily water pill as well. So I don't know how long it takes to get out of your system so I stop gaining weight. It is the only thing that I can see what is causing the weight gain. At least I hope that is what is. My weight gain start on thanksgiving too. Even though I ate right too. And work out for 2 half hours that day.

HELP! 
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

robinfrommilw
on 12/2/09 8:34 pm - WI
well i figure out why the weight gain again I got my period again. I just finish the provera on Tuesday. I just had it 2 times last month and it was only 2 weeks ago I just had my 2nd one and here we go again. What the provera brings your period again. I thought it was to stop your period. As he had me take it to stop the bleeding.  I feel like crap this morning. It was weird last night all of sudden I had bad cramps and wake up and here it is again. This really sucks. No wonder i can't lose much lately it seems all I get is my period all the time. this royally sucks big time. Still weigh in at 206.2 today .
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

georgiapeachinla
on 12/2/09 10:36 pm
Don't feel back GIRLIE..
This past month around the PMS time of the month I gained back 10LBS.. UGGHH.. I believe as women hormones get unregulated..my DOC said it will get worser until we get a stable weight.. I started crying in RALPH'S because they didn't have my sugar free frozen YOGURT.. LOL "WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT".. hormones causes us weight gain not necessary because we are eating wrong but because we are HORMONALLY, WATER WEIGHT, PRONE Victim's!!! LOL YOU ARE DOING WELL!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!