A first for me!!

luanne711
on 11/30/09 3:30 am - Bradford, PA
I actually LOST 3 lbs since Thanksgiving day!!  I was shocked!!  Did that happen to anyone else?  I was a good girl too (well, relatively speaking anyway  ;-) lol  )  I ate a taste of everything I could deal with (not the cranberry sauce), even had a bite or two of stuffing (which was cold by the time I got to it), but turkey, some mashed taters, squash, green bean casserole, even a little bite of banana bread.  I'm sure there was something else, oh yeah, I made some pumpkin fluff and that was delish!!  (recipe on OH someplace, can find if you want/need it)   But I just couldn't believe it when I weighed myself on Friday am (that was -2 lbs and this morning was another 1 lb down -cooleo  :-)

and I have to admit, I indulged in wine on Thanksgiving too and it set very nicely on my pouch and tasty too.  Tried Riunite Raspberry (yummy) and something called Red Cat (1st time I had ever tried that and it was tasty too). 

All and all, we had a great Thanksgiving.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
2_be_me_again
on 11/30/09 6:18 am

Way to go Luanne!  I lost nothing but I didn't gain - so I'll be happy with that.  Actually - it isn't my week to lose weight.  Seems my pattern is - lose for 2 weeks - stall for 3 weeks.   Hopefully next week my body will be ready to let go of some pounds.

You tried wine?  Good to hear all was well with that.  My BF bought Jagermister (sp?) and he poured me a shot -but I couldn't bring myself to drink it for fear I would dump on it.  I ate very mimimal on Thanksgiving.  It's really odd actually.  I couldn't eat... I took a photo of my plate before and after and it looks as if I didn't even touch it.   I did enjoy a few bites of stuffing with gravy, and a slice of the turkey breast that I picked at over 2 hours or so.  I never realized how boring Thanksgiving is when you aren't eating all day while cooking.   I didn't even have room for my  favorite chocolate chip cookies freash from the oven.  (THEY ARE MY ONLY VICE right now)  I need to kick this habbit before I get myself into big trouble down the line.  

I should have thought to buy some wine.. I do love a good bottle of Melot on occassion.   In fact I will try some this weekend so I can get myself ready for the New Years Eve party!!

Hugs Miss Lady,
Brandi

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

luanne711
on 11/30/09 9:24 am - Bradford, PA
Brandi,

I hear ya on the yo-yo, teeter-totter thing.  It's frustrating for sure, but at least we all understand how it works now. 

Yep, I got lucky with the wine.  I was sure that I would probably dump on it, but it was smooth sailing and I had more than one glass.  Didn't even get tipsy really, so that surprised me too.  That COULD be a bad thing though  ;-)     I need to find some diabetic wine so I don't enjoy it too much  lol. 

It was so wierd for me not having mounds of food heaped on my plate.  I also had a bit of roast beef too, but I paced myself and did pretty well, all things considered.  It was a good day :)  I totally understand the fear of dumping on alcohol.  I was afraid the 1st time I tried it too. 
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
AshleyDillo
on 11/30/09 1:17 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I had a double shot of Jagermeister 2 months out of surgery.  I sipped it slowly over about an hour's time and felt nothing other than the warm sensation as it burned my insides.  Wasn't even buzzed and it got warm and nasty..so that satisfied my curiosity!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 6:34 am - Glenside, PA
I allowed myself a taste of everything and enjoyed it tremendously.  I had no alcohol with  dinner but did indulge afterwards (much later) with some Bailey's Irish Cream. It didn't taste all that good so I didn't even fini****  Yeaterday I made my own and it tasted so much better, but it is full of milk and gave me some bowel problems so I'll have to go very easy on it.

All in all it was agood first holiday and I look forward to Christmas!  Learning to make better chioces is getting earier in some ways.
georgiapeachinla
on 11/30/09 8:45 am
Good TO GO Luanne..

I did real good Thank-giving too.. I took my walk first before eating this helped me on intake.. i had a few bites of dressing half a piece of breast of Cornish hen.. spoonful of greens..couple of bites of string bean casserole, and a small slice of sweet potato pie made with splenda.. I say i did well... even with cooking the entire meal.. Ijust enjoyed family and friends loving my meal.. and it was good even thought I cooked more healthy this year.. I actually lost 2 1/2 pounds since the day before Thanks-Giving!!

Who would have thought Luanne..
Losing weight this Thanks-Giving HUH?
Very different this year
Keep up the good work Luanne!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/30/09 9:30 am - Bradford, PA
Lisa,

I know, isn't it crazy.  I never would have guessed I'd be losing weight after Thanksgiving.  I'm still baffled by the whole thing  :-)      Glad to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving too. 

Luanne

is 150.00.                   
georgiapeachinla
on 11/30/09 11:04 pm
It's a crazy GOOD thing Luanne.. LOL!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 11/30/09 9:58 am
I ate some turkey and filled the remainder of my pouch with sweet potatoes. Now I know that was probably the one thing I shouldn't have but it was oh so good and I only get it once a year.  I made sure not to take left overs of that.  I also had a bite of pumpkin pie (inside, not crust). I was very proud of myself.  It's all a learning process.  I was down weight wise too.  I heart my pouch!

AshleyDillo
on 11/30/09 1:19 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I survived a 3-day cruise!  I let myself try everything I wanted to except for desserts.  I ended up exactly the same weight to the ounce after the cruise!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views