10 more pounds and I am going to start working out...I think... :)

KristeMitchell
on 11/29/09 8:16 am
Hello everyone!
So I hopped on the scale this morning (I don't do it everyday anymore) and I was at 209! Yee-pee! So I have decided that when I am under 200 I am going to resume my work out routine.  I have had a hard time getting motivated when the weight is coming off on its own, but I know that contiuned weight loss and maintance depends on exercise.  I'm not going to do anything crazy, but I am going to do something aerobic at least 3 days a week.  When I say aerobic I mean something more that walking with kids (and soon my puppy! 7 week old Basset Hound! OMG, she is so freaking cute! I can hardly contain myself.  But I digress...) I would love to say that I will join a gym but that is not realistic.  I don't get much time without the kiddos to go to the gym.  The best thing for me to do is work out at night.  I wish I had a treadmil but I don't.  I wanted to put this out there so you guys can help me be accountable.   Hope you are all doing good! We are really making progress aren't we! Keep it up guys!

PoohkinandPiglet
on 11/29/09 9:54 am - TX
I really need to step up my workout routine.   Cooler weather motivates me so hopefully, I'll step it up this month. 

robinfrommilw
on 11/29/09 11:05 am - WI
Is there any reason why you haven't start to exercise now? I have been since my surgery as tolerated. Exercise is very important in our weight loss journey. I am 204. 4 I somtimes have increase due to either muscle or water in my body. Which makes me more determine to exercise. I have a habit of weighing myself every morning. If I see a gain I increase my exercise, protein and water. Sometimes it dosn't help but i try to do what I can. It is my body plateauing at times. It is so frustrating. But I believe that exercise will help my body better. And that maybe I won't have to much skin hanging. I use a recumbent bike and the wii alot. I love the biggest loser wii game. I also have biggest loser dvd's I use as well. And also richard simmons which haven't done in awhile since I am stuck on the wii. I got almost all the wii fitness games but don't have the your shape which comes with a camera.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Laura_Illinois
on 11/30/09 12:15 pm - Morris, IL
Now, now. Let's not bash on someone being honest. We all can't be as perfect as .......... We're all at different stages and in different cir****tances and different states with different climates. Having kids to take care of is very time consuming and the hardest job on earth.

Let's encourage each other, and not criticize. Congratulations for your dedication to exercise, you can be our inspiration of what we can obtain.

P.S. I haven't started an exercise routine either, but hope to soon. I'm a full time, 50 year old college sophomore. I have about 60 hrs. of homework each week, not including time in the classroom.  It's hard to balance everything perfectly. I'm sure everything will work out okay.

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 11/29/09 12:24 pm, edited 11/29/09 12:25 pm
Yeah girlie..
You got to get out there and get them BUNS moving...LOL but I do know how you feel.. some days I just don't feel like it... and actually that's when I get the best work out in.. I LUV step aerobics!!, I only do weight  training 2 days a week, but aerobics and a 2 mile walk, kinda does it for me.. you should do it thought.. it gives off good adrenaline.. but you are right we have to work out to maintain, but it is hard when the weight glides off with out working out.. but you know like you said a brisk walk you actually burn 120 calories and I bought a WII fit it is the best investment I could have made.. THAT"S RIGHT GIRLIE.. my trainer said that it doesn't take extreme measures just 3 days 30 min exercise.. But your doing good on the weight loss dept... I hope to get these 40lbs off and get below 200 by FEB... BIG GOAL FOR ME!!

Good LUCK!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

Laura_Illinois
on 11/30/09 12:17 pm - Morris, IL
Do you have a trainer? How do you like it?

If life knocks you down 7 times, get up 8!Laura_Illinois

georgiapeachinla
on 11/30/09 10:58 pm
I have a trainer for weight lifting.. I wanted to properly learn the correct way to gain some muscle mass.. then after that .. I'm cutting them.. LOL.. I can then do it on my own!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

KristeMitchell
on 11/29/09 12:52 pm
So I got approved for a Sears card so I am going to buy myself a treadmill for Christmas! I am so excited! I am going to go this week and test them out at the store.  No more excuses! I'll have to put it in my kitchen since my apt is so small, but oh well! I want the one that is compatible with ifit, but they are expensive! I wish I could buy one outright, but I look at it like a monthly gym payment! You guys have helped motivate me.  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 12:45 am
WTG on 209!!!  I'm so jealous!

I hear you on the getting motivated stuff.  But I've started getting on my treadmill lately because the scale is moving at a snail's pace and I know if I exercised more that the weight would be coming off faster.  It's hard making that first step to get on.  Ugh!  I used the excuse that I didn't know where the key was for too long, when I knew right where it was the whole time.

I love Basset Hounds!  We had one when I was young.  His name was George, lol.  The stuff we remember.

I would love to join a gym too but that is not feasible right now.  We actually do not even have a real gym in my town, but there is one at the junior college that we can sign up and use so I guess that counts.  My hometown has a gym but I don't think I would drive the 30 mins to use it.

You're doing fantastic!  Onederland is right around the corner!!!
luanne711
on 11/30/09 12:49 am - Bradford, PA
Sometimes that's all we need is a little motivation.  Good to hear you're excited about it again.  Now, if I could just get some of that motivation back.  I still stand by my thinking of, as long as I'm not setting down in front of the TV, then I must be getting some sort of exercise.  If it's as simple as cleaning, it's exercise, so I'm not feeling too horribly guilty  :-)      I'll start getting back on track after this Sunday, because the number of required hours to clean this club I work at will go back to minimal time, we hope anyway  :-)

I have a treadmill which was given to me (I got real lucky), but it sets right here in my office, I look at it every day and have jumped on it only a few times.  I much prefer to get outdoors, but dang, it's gettin' awful nippy these days.  Today is catch up day from my few days off from work, so that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it  :-)

You're doing great Kriste.  Keep it up.
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along