Happy Thanksgiving!

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 9:27 pm
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving.  Have a wonderful day!  Not sure why, but I'm looking forward to today.  We are just having a small meal with my family, but I feel that's the way it should be.  Called our brothers and sisters and invited them over.  If they come then great but if they don't then I'm totally fine too.  It's weird.  For so long, I worried about where to go for holidays and had to spend it in a big family setting.  I don't know if the surgery has anything to do with it or not, but now I have more independence.  This year, I planned to have the Thanksgiving meal at my house and I didn't ask anyone to bring anything.  My husband and I are making the entire meal with the assumption that it will only be our children and us, plus my FIL and BIL.  And I'm totally fine with it.  I don't know if I'm expressing my feelings the right way.  I guess that now I don't have to worry about having the family's approval.  I can do my own thing and not be worried about what everyone thinks.

Best wishes to everyone!  Have a blessed Thanksgiving! 
georgiapeachinla
on 11/25/09 10:32 pm
Happy thanksgving too you Mrs. Dahuggs!!

I actually COOKED... " who would have figured that???" Have a good one!!

And you know what... splenda doesn't taste half bad in a sweet patato pie, and cheese cake!! I was worried about that lttle after taste tht splenda may have if you use to much!!

God Bless!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

PoohkinandPiglet
on 11/26/09 4:30 am - TX
Sounds like a low stress kind of day!  Enjoy it!

Sabrenia8888
on 11/26/09 7:49 pm - Orlando, FL
I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
JulieTX
on 11/26/09 11:49 pm - Whitehouse, TX
I was a bit worried about Thanksgiving.  We were going to be with my DH family.  A few of them knew about my surgery, but not all.  I was not involved at all in the planning or cooking, so I was totally at the mercy of others who were not at all concious of the content of the holiday feast.  I chose carefully, turkey of course, a few bites of dressing, potatoes.  Had to avoid the green beans - they were made with brown sugar!  Even had one small taste of the pumpkin pie.  Was plenty for me to eat and I had no trouble with not eating or tasting the rest of the spread.  I made sure I was also one of the last to fill my plate so I was finishing my small meal as everyone else was groaning about how miserable they were.  I used a dessert plate so it looked like I had more food than others.  Of course, I needed to eat at dinner time when everyone else was still digesting! :)

Was a wonderful Thanksgiving with family, food, and of course football!
Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!