Wow! and Whoa...moments

medwards62
on 11/21/09 12:29 pm
  I don't always have time to read, and I've never posted much at all.  I lurk on the RNY main board at times, but rarely ever post.  We're all in varying degrees of the four month mark and I was wondering if we're all going through similar experiences; not just with food, but with all the stuff that comes with this life-altering choice we've made.  I thought it might be interesting to share our Wow! moments and our Whoa... moments...

Some of my Wow! moments have been... 

- weighing in under 200 pounds
- buying my first size 14 pants in 15 years
- seeing an old familiar face I thought was lost to me forever
- experiencing peoples' shock at my weight loss.
- crossing both legs comfortably
- not having any part of me touch either side of the bathtub when bathing.
- not having eaten a Dorito product in 4 months
- finding that clothes that don't fit one week are too big in three
- not feeling like the largest person in the room all the time
- not shopping in large sizes anymore

Some of my Whoa...moments...

- experiencing people's shock at my weight loss
- finding that clothes that don't fit one week are too big in three
- going through all of the sizes in my closet and now literally having very little to wear
- sad about not liking food anymore; feeling sick 50% of the time
- worrying that I will never enjoy food again
- worrying that I will enjoy food again
- not exercising consistently
- not taking my vitamins faithfully
- feeling tired more often than not
- wondering when the weight loss will stop
- worrying that I'm done losing weight

Sabrenia8888
on 11/21/09 6:17 pm - Orlando, FL
These are some excellent WOW/WHOA moments!!!

Excitement for sure!!

I can not wait to be there!!!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
georgiapeachinla
on 11/22/09 4:51 am
AWESOME!!...

Doing a great JOB!!

But i know how you feel when everyone looks at you like you have a disease or something.. like that is the only way we can lose weight!!

WISHES ON CONTINUED SUCCESS!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

medwards62
on 11/23/09 9:28 am
Thank you! 

Yesterday I felt hunger for the first time since before surgery, and it scared me.  I automatically thought I must be done!  The "magic" has worn off!  It's hard to overcome the preconditioned response to failure where my weight is concerned.
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/09 9:51 am - Glenside, PA
What a great list!  The only thing I want to add is my Wow moment.  I have one practically every day when I look in the mirror or start to walk somewhere or bend down to pick something upoff the florrr and I say to myself, "I love my new body!"
2_be_me_again
on 11/24/09 6:50 am

Great post... I love the reflection on your positives!  My favorite one (only cause I'm an attention *****) are compliments and the shock that they display when they see me.  It provide me with a natural high that I enjoy ever to much these days.   I'm a shopperholic now cause things don't fit after 2 or 3 weeks - they just look too baggy after a while and I hate that sloppy feeling when wearing too big clothes.  Certainly - not feeling like the largest person in the room is a great feeling as well. 

Great post...

Please drop in as much as you can - we love hearing from our fellow Julyer's!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Brandi

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

medwards62
on 11/25/09 10:00 am
Thanks, Brandi!  I am also a shopaholic!!!    I"ve gone through all of the sizes I had kept through the years (size 22 to 16) and I'm almost out of what I can wear.  I have a love/hate feeling about the baggy/sloppy feeling in my clothes.  I love that I'm losing, and my clothes are an incredibe indicator when my head and the scale are telling me otherwise.  However, I think we all look better in clothing when it fits us correctly.  I just bought my first pair of size 14 pants in a long time and couldn't believe the amount of compliments I received just from wearing clothes that fit.

I'm running out of backup clothes! 

I recently discovered a great clothing consignment shop called, My Sister's Closet and love it.  There was a Prada suit there for under $50.00 that looked brand new...okay, it was a size 2, but it was awesome!  

Happy Thanksgiving,
Melani
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views