What is on your thanksgiving menu?

bryden1401
on 11/21/09 11:48 am
were having friends over our family is to far away I am curious as this is my first "food"  holiday just like everyone else. On my menu is of course
Turkey
crock pot mac n cheese made with whole wheat pasta and low fat butter(i will have a bite my fav) trying to make it healthier
stuffing prob won't have any not sure
cranberry sauce none for me
green beans
rolls none for me prob
sweet potatoes (small bite for me)
and splenda pumpkin pie
I am a little nervous about it the eating that is lol!
How about you guys?
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

Sabrenia8888
on 11/21/09 6:24 pm - Orlando, FL
I am not sure what my friend have in store. All I know for me this year, it's going to be different!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
PoohkinandPiglet
on 11/22/09 10:58 am - TX

Turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, greens beans, corn casserole, salad, rolls

All the usual suspects will be there.  I'll be taking a couple of small bites of a variety of sides but focusing on the bird.

I'm going to make a sugar free pumpkin dessert and packing my coffee maker/magic bullet to whip up a frosty pumpkin spice protein latte for my breakfast every morning.

latinamommy
on 11/22/09 11:23 am - Winslow, AZ
Turkey 2oz for me
Mashed Potatoes
gavy
baked mac n cheese
green bean casserole (yuck)
stuffing
yams
salad
corn
cranberry sauce, relish and fluff.
rolls
red chili
pumpkin pie
pecan pie
apple pie

I will eat my turkey first and definately taste the rest.  Pie and all.  Believe me a taste too much and my pouch rebels.  I am not too worried about it.
Dominique

AshleyDillo
on 11/23/09 8:00 am - Tallahassee, FL

I will be on a cruise ship..so I'll have plenty to chose from.  They're going to have a Thanksgiving dinner option..but I'll be able to have some kind of steak, chicken or fish instead if I want.

I'm going to miss green bean casserole though...I doubt they'll have that.  If I was at home I'd make that and eat it..fried onions and all.  And I'll take a bite or two of stuffing and mashed potatoes...but nothing else really interests me enough.  I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pie.

Oh..I will miss the canned jellied cranberry sauce.  There's no way I would dare try that now!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/09 9:58 am - Glenside, PA
I'm going to my sister's for dinner and plan to allow myself a taste of everything.  I don't dump so my only issue is not over eating.    I just have to remind myself that I don't have to eat it all and that even this deliciousness wil come around again.  No need to stuff myself. 
I am learning to focus on conversation and listening to people
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1069 views
4 Years!