Protein Balls

luanne711
on 11/20/09 3:10 am - Bradford, PA
Have any of you tried making any of these yet and if so, what has been your best recipe?

Last night, I tried making my first batch.  I was a little disappointed because they weren't rolling up into little balls as well as I had hoped (they were a little too dry) so I added some of that Torani vanilla syrup in with it to finish off the process of rolling balls.  They didn't turn out too bad, but I'm thinking there must be something tastier which I can create or recipe to follow. 

It took a whole cup of unjury protein powder!!  Yikes!!
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 8:34 pm - Glenside, PA
Where did you see a recipe?  I've never heard of these.  I'm off to investigate...
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 8:42 pm - Glenside, PA
Here's what I found.  http://www.wvweightloss.com/snacking.html

13+ recipes for protein balls!  I'm getting inspired.
luanne711
on 11/21/09 3:22 am - Bradford, PA
lol - on the main board

I'm always trying to find new and tasty ways to incorporate a quick bit of protein in my routine.  Some days I'm constantly going here there and everywhere.  It's crazy.  Makes it convenient to grab a quick protein ball from the fridge and head out the door _ even though it is mindless eating, but they're tasty (the ones I made the other night).  I have about 3-4 pages of different variations printed out, but I'm trying to find the one which works the best for me.  I've found some that you basically mix up and can bake them like a cookie, didn't have enough time to do that the other night though...

Let me know what one works good for you.  I find some where you add some Rice Krispies (I've always enjoyed nestles crunch) and yes, it gives it a bit of a crunch but not enough to make it worthwhile.  I'm thinking I'll try rolled oats next.    What's the difference between quick oats and rolled oats?  I always thought they were the same thing.  The oats you buy in a big tall tub is what I have, but it takes 3 minutes to cook in the microwave (that's quick to me ;-)  lol

Luanne

is 150.00.                   
2_be_me_again
on 11/21/09 9:20 am
I've made these... they fill the need for something sweet...   Let us know what you think after you make them...

Hugs Luanne,
Brandi

Here's the recipe for PROTEIN BALLS:
1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup rolled oats (regular oatmeal, not quick or instant),
1 cup protein powder (I use Any Whey, but the original recipe suggested chocolate)
1/4 cup Splenda, 50/50 mixture of unsweetened cocoa and Splenda

Put peanut butter in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute until liquid-y.  Mix in all of the rolled oats first, then Splenda, then protein powder.  If it gets too dry, sprinkle water.  Once you've got your mixture together, roll in to balls and put on a plate.  Put the 50/50 mix in a sifter and dust over the top.  I've also started to make them without the cocoa & Splenda coating and they're just as good.  Put them on a plate in the fridge until they firm up and then in to an airtight container and refrigerate.

Nutritional information depends upon how many you get out of the batch (obviously).  I make them about the size of a large grape or a malted milk ball (50-60 per batch), and at that they are about 35 calories each with about 2 grams of protein

AT GOAL in 336 days...!
SW / CW / GW
299 /174.5/ 175
6' tall - size 10

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/09 9:24 am - Glenside, PA
I don't know the difference between rolled oats and regular, but I do know that the "quick" oats are smaller pieces and need to cook longer.  I like to use the whole oats for cookies as they give a better texture, but the taste is the same as quick oats.
luanne711
on 11/22/09 11:45 pm - Bradford, PA
I don't know why they have to have so many different variations and why can't they just all call them the same darn thing!!  I think of quick oats as those little packets that you can make quick, but even the big jug you can make quickly and I think of those as "rolled oats"  - who knows huh :-)     They're good to eat uncooked as well, so I guess it really doesn't matter huh  :)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Sabrenia8888
on 11/21/09 6:54 pm - Orlando, FL
I'm going to try these!
Ms. Exquisite
"Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal"  
georgiapeachinla
on 11/22/09 1:29 am
I did try the protein balls Luanne..
But I added fresh parsley, cilantro, and a can of salmon ...salt & pepper, MRS DASH
then I baked them in the oven up a 2oz serving to 35 grams of protein!!
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."   
Lisa 

luanne711
on 11/22/09 8:07 am - Bradford, PA
yum - sounds like a "wanna-be" crab cake to me  ;-)     I likey 
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views