1st dumping experience - BRUTAL!!

luanne711
on 11/18/09 11:03 pm - Bradford, PA
I posted this on the main board last night, but wanted to share my experience with some of you in case you missed my post.  The posts on the main board move really quickly and get lost in never never land  :-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just got done taking my nightly meds, colace (3) -ok per dr, lovastatin and calcium citrate D, but prior to that I ate 1/2 of an apple and a bit of cheese.  Maybe I didn't wait the 1/2 hour, honestly I hadn't paid attention.......

I feel like I just took a non-flush free niacin, my face is beat red and my heart felt like it was palpitating more than usual (that has calmed a bit), but kind of scared me, especially because I didn't take any niacin.

I'm 48 and have never experienced hot flashes.  I wonder if maybe that's what I'm experiencing?  I'm half afraid to go to sleep any time soon.  It came on really quick right after I took my meds.  It''s wierd.

then this morning (it's amazing the things we forget) but this is what happened after I got offline and I posted this on the other link for anyone who was curious to know how I had suffered through the night and for how long.  It was about an hour of sheer hell, that's all I can say -ugh-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, more of my 1st time dumping experience. 

After rereading what I posted earlier, I started to remember a few more things and to let you know I did survive, plus I lost 3 more lbs this morning.  yeah, yeah, I know, I'm  not supposed to lose weight that way  ;-)    Oh well, I'll take it thank you  ;-)

I was so sick......I forgot that I had eaten almonds too (I really need to pay attention more to what I'm putting into my mouth).   I made a 2 hour road trip to see my Dr. yesterday, so my schedule was screwed up anyway.

I ate the 1/2 of an apple (loaded in natural sugar) and some cheese that more than likely had more fat than I should have eaten (no nutritional label on that hunk of cheese and I'm a cheese freak and probably had a few more pieces than my system could handle) plus the  almonds (also higher in fat than I like, but everyone else says they're ok in moderation, went with same quantity that I always munch on).  I'm guessing they're not OK to mix w/all of the other questionable's at the very same time

Well I paid for it dearly.   My face got beet red, super hot and my heart started racing.....OMG, I thought I was gonna die, but realized it had to have been the food combo I chose - DUMB!!  l can usually eat all of those things, but NOT at the same time.  Oh well, I learned.   Probably would have been better to eat some string cheese instead, but who knows.  It's hard to know exactly what the breaking point was, right?

So after my last post response to Jackie last night (on the main board), I ended up with diarrhea, hot sweats and stomach hurt so bad.   So I hugged the bathroom floor for coolness and toilet hoping that I would puke, that never happened, I stuck finger down throat, (I was never good at that anyway)  couldn't get anything to happen.  I was desperate.....  So I thought, I'll try to go lay down in my  bed and try to go to sleep (NOT) but the cold sheets felt really, really good, then I got cold (body couldn't make up it's dang mind) and I was able to get in a relatively comfortable position.  Then that's when the dry heaves started.....OMG, that hurt so bad, a little fluid came up but that was it, alot of pressure on my head from empty upchucking.  I always hated dry heaves anyway, they're almost worse than actually bringing something up.  .  Finally after that session of trying to heave, that seemed to help and I was able to snuggle in and go to sleep around 1am I guess it was.  Put my Cpap machine on finally at 5am, I didn't want to fool with that thing in case my body found something to let me bring up.  

In the future (hopefully it won't happen again), but chances are it will and at least now, I know that I am a dumper which is probably a good thing to be, it lessens my chances of making myself sick and to stick to the plan.  

Have any of you experienced this yet and did you find anything which seemed to help you feel better sooner and speed up the process of body disposing of the unwanted stuff?  Drink more water maybe??    

Oh the drama in my life.  

Hope this helps you in case you haven't experienced this yet.  I know, we are all aware about "dumping" but do we really pay attention to what we're reading until we actually experience it?  I sure don't, but now I know.   It was painful and NO fun!!  :(
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 12:50 am
That sounds absolutely horrible!  I'm so sorry you went throught that.  But on the other hand, lol, I hope I'm a dumper too so that I will stay on the straight and narrow.

Who would have thought that combo of food would have brought that mess on.  Glad you are feeling better.
luanne711
on 11/20/09 3:07 am - Bradford, PA
Thank you.  I feel the same way, at least I know I'm not immune.

Luanne

is 150.00.                   
dgarzila
on 11/22/09 7:59 am
Yeah!!! Last Night I was at a formal gathering. I decided it was ok to have a whole wheat roll and also had some baked chicken. But they brought out the cheesecake and I decided to nibble on it. Needless to say I got dizzy and almost fainted , was sweating , and had to go to the bathroom.

Why I do these things I will never know. I think it is to test my limits. I read these boards all of the time that that is not good to do...but this was my first high society dinner since surgery..

I think dumping is different for all of us..Is there a place that talks about this on this message board... too bad you experienced this...

luanne711
on 11/23/09 12:05 am - Bradford, PA
I'm thinking for you that had you only eaten a bit of the roll (sounds like you ate the whole roll?)  And then the sweet on top of it (only a nibble), might have been all that it took. 

I've eaten some bread products, but usually only if it's toasted and not the entire thing.  Chicken itself is very hard to digest, especially the breast meat, then the roll might have been too doughy.  I try to lean towards toasted bread or crust and only a couple of tastes, due to it sets really heavy on my system and it seems like it creates a blockage temporarily. 

Sounds like it was a combo of alot of things for you.  It sure is amazing how quickly dumping happens for us though isn't it.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I honestly don't know if they have a message board specifically geared for this topic.  Chances are they don't, but there are soooo many different areas on this website  :-)
Luanne

is 150.00.                   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 867 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 725 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 986 views